2013 Busch Gardens Fun Card is now on sale | Inside Universal Forums

2013 Busch Gardens Fun Card is now on sale

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If you plan on going more than 2 or 3 times the annual pass is the better deal. Not including discounts on merch. But yes the fun card is a great deal.

If you plan on going more than 2 or 3 times the annual pass is the better deal. Not including discounts on merch. But yes the fun card is a great deal.

I figured. I know the FunCard is only 80 or 85 dollars and you can get in free with no blackout dates. Then if you go more than 2 or 3 times like you stated, the pass is better (Parking, Merchandise, Food, Etc.) and it's only a 40 or 50 dollar upgrade I'm not sure how much the pass is this year since they raised prices again. I wonder if they put a date to when you can upgrade the FunCard to a pass. ?

Hmm I was just about to buy a fun card. Can you explain why the pass is a better deal. Thx.

Questions to ask are these:

1. Would you be driving a vehicle to the property to park?
2. Do you purchase a lot of merchandise and park gear?
3. What do you do about food? Bring your own lunch? Or frequent some food in the park?
4. Do you plan on visiting Sea World? Aqautica? Adventure Island?

The FunCard is essentially a good deal if you plan on going and visiting the park without driving there to park, and buying a ton of merchandise of food.

A pass will allow you those perks. It's not really a big deal but they have for instance a Sea World and BG annual pass for $199. If you were to get a FunCard to both (roughly) $170 is what you'd pay. Now remember the AP comes with the perks the fun card doesnt. So lets say you visit both Tampa and Sea World 5 times each with a FunCard. 10 times total between the two and you pay 15 each time for parking, that's $150. With an Annual Pass , it's free. So in a year's time you can wind up paying $320 for a FunCard visiting 10 times just on parking to both parks, or pay $200 and visit both free of charge parking. Thats a $120 difference. This is not including Merchandise and Food!:smiley:

Questions to ask are these:

1. Would you be driving a vehicle to the property to park?
2. Do you purchase a lot of merchandise and park gear?
3. What do you do about food? Bring your own lunch? Or frequent some food in the park?
4. Do you plan on visiting Sea World? Aqautica? Adventure Island?

The FunCard is essentially a good deal if you plan on going and visiting the park without driving there to park, and buying a ton of merchandise of food.

A pass will allow you those perks. It's not really a big deal but they have for instance a Sea World and BG annual pass for $199. If you were to get a FunCard to both (roughly) $170 is what you'd pay. Now remember the AP comes with the perks the fun card doesnt. So lets say you visit both Tampa and Sea World 5 times each with a FunCard. 10 times total between the two and you pay 15 each time for parking, that's $150. With an Annual Pass , it's free. So in a year's time you can wind up paying $320 for a FunCard visiting 10 times just on parking to both parks, or pay $200 and visit both free of charge parking. Thats a $120 difference. This is not including Merchandise and Food!:smiley:

Solid points.

BG also has a few pass holder events like the extra ride time like they did last year that the does not apply to the Fun Card. Pass holder previews when they have something new is also a nice feature.
Discounts to special events like HOS, Christmas Town, and upgarades to Bands & BBQ...
Discounts for tours.
Dinning deals periodicly through out the year.

I also got a discount to renew my pass when it got close to expiring I got two years for $105, now this was a few years ago... lots of perks if you go multiple times

Last edited:
Thanks all for the info above. I will be driving but won't be buying any merchandise (unless I give in to the relentless kid begging). I wasn't thrilled with seaworld last year so I think I'll pass on that add-on. If I just buy one pass and the rest of the family fun cards...that will be enough to get me free parking and discounts right?

Thanks all for the info above. I will be driving but won't be buying any merchandise (unless I give in to the relentless kid begging). I wasn't thrilled with seaworld last year so I think I'll pass on that add-on. If I just buy one pass and the rest of the family fun cards...that will be enough to get me free parking and discounts right?

Yes, that would work fine.

Solid points.

BG also has a few pass holder events like the extra ride time like they did last year that the does not apply to the Fun Card. Pass holder previews when they have something new is also a nice feature.
Discounts to special events like HOS, Christmas Town, and upgarades to Bands & BBQ...
Discounts for tours.
Dinning deals periodicly through out the year.

I also got a discount to renew my pass when it got close to expiring I got two years for $105, now this was a few years ago... lots of perks if you go multiple times

Great point to add. Actually I didn't know that about the Annual pass. I just decided that is the route we are going to go. We were thinking about a FunCard but after WEEKS of studying, it'd be awesome. I know Disney does the same thing. Once you get an Annual Pass, it's cheaper to Renew it. So BG has really added some bonuses that makes the pass worth it.