2016 BGT Coaster Confirmed | Inside Universal Forums

2016 BGT Coaster Confirmed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

aka Hatetofly
Platinum Member
Mar 16, 2010
Alright everyone a new rumor was given to me about a week ago and I totally forgot to post it. Apparently the partial closings of Gwazi and dismantling of some of the trains for parts is a preview of whats to come. The suits have invested what they believe to be more than enough capital back into the ride and its still plagued by an extremely rough circuit and poor customer feedback. Whats been given to me is part of Gwazi's current site is planned to be the next site of a major expansion which would include a new large coaster. While any type of coaster is possible, the manufacturer is apparently going to be B&M once again. More to come as we find out and fingers crossed for a B&M Hypercoaster!

Again remember this is strictly a rumor that was sent to me and I wanted to share with you guys. Nothing has been confirmed by Busch Gardens and should be treated as a rumor until Busch announces otherwise.

Uhhhh Yes please!

Look Gwazi is great and all if you like seizures and 24 hour migraines but they really could do SO much more with that piece of land.

If they are going to invest millions on demo and construction of a new coaster why not just have them run the steel topper track and new trains and get it running smooth again?

But if they do burn it to the ground I'd love to get a B&M hyper down in FL or even a hyper twister like Raging Bull at Six Flags Chicago. I haven't been on it personally but looks rad and they may be able to squeeze it in that field area.

If they are going to invest millions on demo and construction of a new coaster why not just have them run the steel topper track and new trains and get it running smooth again?

But if they do burn it to the ground I'd love to get a B&M hyper down in FL or even a hyper twister like Raging Bull at Six Flags Chicago. I haven't been on it personally but looks rad and they may be able to squeeze it in that field area.

And might I add that that field area is rather....LARGE

Very interesting rumor to hear. The Hyper coaster has always been floating around for quite some time and I'd love to see that one materialize. Having ridden Apollo's Chariot, I think it would be a great addition to the park.

I am very intrigued by the idea of doing a true dark ride as that is something else this park lacks, but it would really have to fit in with the African theme well. Despite the Gwazi area being quite large, they do still have to reserve the field behind for special events/Howl-o-scream.

For some reason BG and Dark Rides dont really seem to mesh in my mind.

They had one and when it was Questar it was good, not so much when it became Ackbars.

Gwazi was great when it first opened, too bad it couldnt hold up to the humidity. Time to get back to a steel monster, but if we get a new coaster... Please give it a cool name.

I would be gutted to see Gwazi go, every true coaster fan loves a rattler.

A nice shiny new B&M would help soften the blow though :thumbs:

Could we get to see Florida's first wing rider? Would be more than happy with hyper too.

:pray: :pray: :pray:please be a B&M :pray: :pray: :pray:please be a B&M :pray: :pray: :pray:

Roodlesnouter loves B&Ms :thumbs:

Last edited:
Alright everyone a new rumor was given to me about a week ago and I totally forgot to post it. Apparently the partial closings of Gwazi and dismantling of some of the trains for parts is a preview of whats to come. The suits have invested what they believe to be more than enough capital back into the ride and its still plagued by an extremely rough circuit and poor customer feedback. Whats been given to me is part of Gwazi's current site is planned to be the next site of a major expansion which would include a new large coaster. While any type of coaster is possible, the manufacturer is apparently going to be B&M once again. More to come as we find out and fingers crossed for a B&M Hypercoaster!

Again remember this is strictly a rumor that was sent to me and I wanted to share with you guys. Nothing has been confirmed by Busch Gardens and should be treated as a rumor until Busch announces otherwise.

not the fist time I heard B&M thrown around... but not there, then again plans could have changed... BUT, is there enough land there for a megacoaster? Gwazi is pretty compact when you think about it...

I would love to see a B&M hyper go in there. Intimidator at Carowinds is insanely fun.

A Wing Rider would be fun too, but there's enough loopers at BGT already.

not the fist time I heard B&M thrown around... but not there, then again plans could have changed... BUT, is there enough land there for a megacoaster? Gwazi is pretty compact when you think about it...

Notice I said part of Gwazi's plot is to be used but more as we find out.

Is there land around it where they held the summer nights entertainment and fireworks ? off to check out google maps.

I think the plot is huge. Big enough for a large coaster. Gwazi Park I doubt will be touched. It's used for Summer Nights, Howl-o-Scream, and Christmas Town, and Gwazi Park isn't all that big to begin with. The land immediately surrounding Gwazi Park is essential TM area as well, so I wouldn't expect this to take up more than Gwazi.

I hope this rumor is true! whenever I've come to the park, I don't even bother getting on this ride. Once was enough, such a rough ride...

I've always wanted then to build a B&M hyper out in the Serengetti plains overlooking the animals....always thought that'd be cool.

I'd rather see Gwazi get the topper treatment over getting demoed...but if it had to go I'd hope they'd replace it with some unique coaster AND a dark ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.