2016 Halloween Horror Mondays/Tuesdays? | Inside Universal Forums

2016 Halloween Horror Mondays/Tuesdays?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 24, 2016
Love Universal (have only been to FL) and Halloween -  I'll be in LA Sunday Oct 9 for a wedding (from MN). Planning a few days around the wedding for extra vacation and Halloween Horror is a priority! But it seems like dates of operation haven't yet been announced...

Trying to decide if I take extra days on the front or back end (eg Thurs Oct 6-Sat Oct 8 or Mon Oct 10-Wed Oct 12). Thinking I should play it safe and be there for Thurs/Fri (even though lines will presumably by long - ugh)... do they even have Halloween Horror on Mondays or Tuesdays? What do yall recommend?

While we're at it, any other unique or excellent regional haunts?

Thanks everybody

In the terms of Horror Nights being possible for a Monday or Tuesday; no official dates/tickets have come out so I may not be able to help you there.

As for other excellent Regional Haunts, I would highly Recommend Knotts Scary Farm, Queen Mary Dark Harbor and maybe even the Los Angeles Haunted Hayride.

You definitely should plan to go before the wedding, dates haven't been announced yet but horror nights on both coasts has never been open before on Mondays and Tuesday's except for Halloween(quote me on that). You should play it safe, if you can go on Thursday you should, the lines should be shorter than the rest of the weekend. I'm not sure if the Thursday that week will be open though, I think you should be hopeful as that is a few weeks into the event, if we go off of Orlandos dates. I can't remember our dates last year, but usually Thursday's aren't offered until at least 2 maybe 3 weeks in, once again don't quote me on that.

There are a ton of local events.  But I will echo that doing Knott's Haunt is literally a piece of Haunt history.  They single-handedly began the entire theme park Halloween Haunt event back in the 70s, and are still going pretty dang strong, often given Universal a run for their money.  It's also a very different, "we make it all in-house" independent vibe that often emphasizes eerie atmosphere as well as gore and scares.

The list really goes on and on for local events.  Check in with many SoCal theme park websites, and they'll break many of them down.  There's Sinister Pointe, 17th Door, Raymond Hill Morturary, and countless others.  But I personally enjoyed Alone, where you do go in alone.  Similarly is Blackout, but that event emphasizes shock and psychological torture, while Alone is more like being stuck in a Twilight Zone episode.  No one jumps out to scare you per se, but you get to experience very surreal events that make no sense.