Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2016's Top 10 Most Anticipated Theme Park Happenings

^^They aren't betting big on a film that isn't being released by Universal. They're betting big on a known entity that's been around for 86 years.

Yes, but known entities that's been around for 86 years are not usually modern day theme park big budget attractions. The only reason we got Ariel 25 years later is because she's still selling merch.

yes but they own king kong
The only King Kong film Universal has ever released was the 2005 Peter Jackson film. Kong isn't owned by anyone, he's public domain.

King Kong is more synonymous with Universal's theme parks than anything else.

Umm, no they didn't. Radio Pictures released the film in 1933. Universal restored the original film (according to wikipedia), but they didn't release it in 1933.

I am surprised to see you use the relatively unknown name of Radio Pictures when it's more historic name, RKO Pictures (Radio-Keith-Orpheum) is far more commonplace. I had never heard its other name of RP before.

I am surprised to see you use the relatively unknown name of Radio Pictures when it's more historic name, RKO Pictures (Radio-Keith-Orpheum) is far more commonplace. I had never heard its other name of RP before.
Before it was RKO, it was Radio Pictures.