2020 Haunted Houses - Reviews & Spoiler Talk | Inside Universal Forums

2020 Haunted Houses - Reviews & Spoiler Talk

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Please use this thread to discuss and review the haunted houses featured at the event; Bride of Frankenstein Lives & Revenge of the Tooth Fairy. All other discussions regarding the event should go here.

**THERE WILL BE SPOILERS SO CONSIDER THIS YOUR WARNING**

Reactions: MrBlonde
Question for those of you that go. In Tooth Fairy there is a windowsill lit that has a pair of granny glasses on top of a small book. Is that "The Storyteller's?" Just a thought. The house was very well done and the distancing measures didn't impact it much IMO except for the shower scene?

Reactions: SeventyOne
Question for those of you that go. In Tooth Fairy there is a windowsill lit that has a pair of granny glasses on top of a small book. Is that "The Storyteller's?" Just a thought. The house was very well done and the distancing measures didn't impact it much IMO except for the shower scene?

Considering it's a story she'd likely tell, I'd say it's a safe bet.

Did anyone notice the Charles Gray stained glass?

Am I the only one found it difficult hearing the narration in both houses? also I loved brides but the story was kinda off like Dracula brides just kinda came out of nowhere! However the blood draining scene is easily one of the best scenes I’ve ever seen in a house!

Reactions: tielo
I went through Bride twice today and I feel like I need more passes to fully get the story. I remember bits and pieces but a lot just bounced out of my memory. If you were to ask me right now though I would rank it in the top 10 of all time house.
That’s how I feel about both of these houses! I can not even imagine what they would be like without safety precautions!!!!!

So, what exactly is the Tooth Fairy façade? It seems to be getting a lot of hype, but the only thing I've seen is what looked like the oversized cover of a book with the title "Revenge of the Tooth Fairy" on it.

So, what exactly is the Tooth Fairy façade? It seems to be getting a lot of hype, but the only thing I've seen is what looked like the oversized cover of a book with the title "Revenge of the Tooth Fairy" on it.

The book cover is at the end of the curtained entry hall. Did you ever have a pop-up book as a kid that had the pull tabs that would make characters slide around the page? That’s basically the facade for Tooth Fairy.

That's not the Facade, the facade is around the corner from the oversized book hanging on the wall.

I was able to do both houses today (tooth fairy twice) waited 20 minutes for both at around 1:00. A few takeaways from my overall experience, I had low expectations because of the plexiglass and distant scares but I thought both houses were AMAZING. I was alone the entire time through both houses which I never could get in a regular HHN year, I was able to be totally immersed and was able to walk through the mazes without being pushed and shoved. For being the pandemic year my expectations were exceeded they really made up for not being able to have scare actors be in your face by creating the immersive experience for you and your group, and using creative scares. On a scale that takes into consideration of all the problems not only HHN has faced but the world has faced this year Id give both houses 5/5. On the flip side if I were to compare these houses to regular HHN houses they are definitely not all time greats. I was actually looking forward to Tooth fairy more since it has been something that arts has wanted to do for a while, but it was pretty underwhelming. To me there was not a lot of variations in actors I felt as if I kept seeing the same kids and the same tooth fairies. I was hoping for some giant tooth fairy monster, OR FLYING FARIES LIKE WHAT. It kinda had the same repetition vibe from nightingales last year. Loved the smell of the facade and the one scare in the corner of the room with the beds got me good. From a regular year score 2.75/5. Brides was absolutely amazing great follow up from last years monsters house. Not too many gripes but a little lost on the story (but I'm sure it can easily be explained). The coffin scare was the BEST use of plexiglass, and the BUNJEE BRIDE!!! This house was also VERY dark, and they hid the boo holes well couldn't tell where they could come from in most rooms. So much fun in this house solid 3.5/5. Both facades are underwhelming the whole book idea is neat but doesn't really work for me, and the brides facade doesn't really wow me. Last thing is both endings seem a little lame, tooth fairies can be fixed with everyones favorite strobes ;) and the frank and the end is a great nod :) If you have the chance to go and experience these houses 100% recommend I had the best time in both :chainsaw:

Why are there no video's yet? Universal better not make 2020 worst by not allowing filming to mazes most people can't get to

Why are there no video's yet? Universal better not make 2020 worst by not allowing filming to mazes most people can't get to
1) Filming by regular guests is never allowed
2) This is a "test" and there has been no media event yet for the media to film like in recent years.
3) These houses will be returning next year as of now, so they may not want to spoil them for those not visiting this year until next year's event.

However... there are already poor quality, dark videos of both on YouTube if you can find them.