Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2021 Holidays at Universal Orlando (Nov 13 - Jan 2)

RevFreako

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
Check it out, an announcement!

I feel like I'm in that Daffy Duck cartoon where Bugs Bunny animates him until he has a breakdown.

Last edited:
It will be nice if everything really is "normal" this year (although the balloons/floats in the soundstage was a great way to see them)

It will be nice if everything really is "normal" this year (although the balloons/floats in the soundstage was a great way to see them)
A Christmas walkthrough was such a fun idea last year...Wouldn't hate if it came back..although they kind of need the floats for the parade lol

A Christmas walkthrough was such a fun idea last year...Wouldn't hate if it came back..although they kind of need the floats for the parade lol

If they could get (and fit) the "big" balloons again, rather than the in-house ones that the parade needs, a walk-through starting mid-way thru December would be a lot of fun. But I'm not convinced they fit in a soundstage.

If they could get (and fit) the "big" balloons again, rather than the in-house ones that the parade needs, a walk-through starting mid-way thru December would be a lot of fun. But I'm not convinced they fit in a soundstage.
I agree, I'll just count the tribute store as the "walkthrough"

However, they did a fun walkthrough at Tropicana Field last year and I wouldn't mind seeing something like this in a soundstage

86457670_3657996557574711_2553882580353024000_n.jpg

80473030_3492011630839872_6437600731921907712_n.jpg

Universal Orlando has announced the return of their epic holiday traditions, as the Holidays celebration begins November 13, 2021, through January 2, 2022.

Universal Orlando has announced the return of their epic holiday traditions, as the Holidays celebration begins November 13, 2021, through January 2, 2022.

Finally, details announced. I was thinking it was peculiar that Universal announced Mardi Gras 'details' before they gave the line up for Holidays....Also, if indeed Grinchmas is
moving to the former Blue Man Group theater, this answers our question that entrance will still be done via a long walk from Seuss Landing to probably the back of the
BMG theater, and not moved to the Studio's attraction line up. . That said, we're already booked for the opening. I had little doubt that Universal would back off of a fairly full line up.

Finally, details announced. I was thinking it was peculiar that Universal announced Mardi Gras 'details' before they gave the line up for Holidays....Also, if indeed Grinchmas is
moving to the former Blue Man Group theater, this answers our question that entrance will still be done via a long walk from Seuss Landing to probably the back of the
BMG theater, and not moved to the Studio's attraction line up. . That said, we're already booked for the opening. I had little doubt that Universal would back off of a fairly full line up.

I think they wanted to wait a bit to make sure they can do the parade this year.

I think they wanted to wait a bit to make sure they can do the parade this year.
:thumbsup: I was thinking the same. Covid cases going way down in Florida probably gave them some confidence. Florida now in best five states (least cases per 100,000).
So we're first 5 nights at Cabana, second 5 nights at Portofino. Anyone know if the Italian singers are back, or coming back? Their Christmas season show is generally twice
as long as their normal standard.

:thumbsup: I was thinking the same. Covid cases going way down in Florida probably gave them some confidence. Florida now in best five states (least cases per 100,000).
So we're first 5 nights at Cabana, second 5 nights at Portofino. Anyone know if the Italian singers are back, or coming back? Their Christmas season show is generally twice
as long as their normal standard.
Was there last week, and they were then.

So what's all this about using BMG theater for Grinchmas
You about covered it there. There's really nothing more to it. By using the BMG theater, it allows for earlier set-up since they can set up whenever they want during HHN and they aren't interferring with any of the back of house stuff used for HHN. The Soundstage they used to use is normally used as the HHN Soundstage break room for all of the houses. They normally would come in about 3 or so weeks into the event to start set up and it would completely interrupt the BOH area for all four houses because of it. This way they can have both and everything runs smoother.

You about covered it there. There's really nothing more to it. By using the BMG theater, it allows for earlier set-up since they can set up whenever they want during HHN and they aren't interferring with any of the back of house stuff used for HHN. The Soundstage they used to use is normally used as the HHN Soundstage break room for all of the houses. They normally would come in about 3 or so weeks into the event to start set up and it would completely interrupt the BOH area for all four houses because of it. This way they can have both and everything runs smoother.
How exciting, I wonder if they will use BMG theater for HHN next year?

Probably a dumb question but what are the odds they do something like have everything ready earlier and be like "surprise! holidays now" a day or few days before the official start date. I'm thinking odds are zero but figured I'd ask lol