Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2021 Seven Seas Food Festival

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Surprised there was no thread. Either way...

How is this as a 'festival'? I haven't been to Sea World in a few years, but am scheduled to eat/drink around the world at Epcot in a few weeks. Would I be insane to consider doing this instead?

Every year and every festival at SeaWorld has surpassed my expectations. There are always a couple of things that don't quite live up to the description, but the majority of the food is really good. When you buy the sampler lanyards it makes it an even better deal. With drinks a single punch gets you a sample size but two punches gets you the full size which is often a decent savings off the menu pricing. We go several Fridays over the course of the event when it's not as busy and easily run through a sampler lanyard or two (or three) between the start in February and the end in May.

How is this as a 'festival'? I haven't been to Sea World in a few years, but am scheduled to eat/drink around the world at Epcot in a few weeks. Would I be insane to consider doing this instead?

This is the one the wife and I have been able to check out a couple of times. We've enjoyed the food and such, we are taken our time using our 'lanyard punches', so we have plenty still to try. Here are a couple of things I took a photo of: (note, that is cheesecake served in an ice cream cone)

swu2.jpgswu3.jpg

With drinks a single punch gets you a sample size but two punches gets you the full size which is often a decent savings off the menu pricing.
Wait, hold up. How did I never hear this before?!?

Also, another vote for it being a better deal with bigger portions ... the lanyards have drifted up in price over the last few years so it’s hard to not think of the $2.75 per punch days, but you’d struggle to get through a $75 15-punch lanyard in a day, unlike at Epcot where that would get you halfway around the lake.

I didn't know until the TM told me when I went to get a drink! It's my go-to now getting the full size of any drink... ;)