2021 UOAP Passholder Appreciation Days | Inside Universal Forums

2021 UOAP Passholder Appreciation Days

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Universal Orlando has announced details on 2021's Passholder Appreciation Days, including discounts, benefits, and menus exclusive to Universal Annual Passholders beginning August 16 and running through September 30.

Passholder Appreciation Days - so we get a magnet, early entry (so does everyone else who stays on site), and some special meals we can pay for.
i can hardly contain myself.

Meanwhile, i have been searching most days since April for passholder rates at any of the 3 top onsite hotels for either Sept 17-18 or Sept 24-25. None to be had.
Thankfully i signed up for hotels at the normal seasonal rate quite a while ago, its a good thing too, looking at the prices nowadays.

Was able to find passholder rates at the top 3 onsite hotels in 2019, 2018, 2017, ... without any issues.

Hey, how's that passholder discount for HHN tickets? oh, yeah, only for single day tickets, i guess its better than nothing.

Maybe we will get discounts on food purchased at restaurants and renewal of freestyle cups?
yeah they had that in prior years, 80% of the servers that i dealt with knew nothing about it, so no soup (i mean discount) for you.

freestyle cup renewal discount? oh yeah, try to find the location that honored that.
i did, and i found it, and then the attendant knew nothing about it.
i had wasted enough of my precious time at the parks and gave up.

Complain to guest services you say?
sorry, i just dont have the hour or so to waste on that.

Now the uoap lounge? its a nice place to stop and cool off and grab i believe it was chips/water/soda. That's actually nice.

As a passholder, i truly am not feeling the love.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
Passholder Appreciation Days - so we get a magnet, early entry (so does everyone else who stays on site), and some special meals we can pay for.
i can hardly contain myself.

Meanwhile, i have been searching most days since April for passholder rates at any of the 3 top onsite hotels for either Sept 17-18 or Sept 24-25. None to be had.
Thankfully i signed up for hotels at the normal seasonal rate quite a while ago, its a good thing too, looking at the prices nowadays.

Was able to find passholder rates at the top 3 onsite hotels in 2019, 2018, 2017, ... without any issues.

Hey, how's that passholder discount for HHN tickets? oh, yeah, only for single day tickets, i guess its better than nothing.

Maybe we will get discounts on food purchased at restaurants and renewal of freestyle cups?
yeah they had that in prior years, 80% of the servers that i dealt with knew nothing about it, so no soup (i mean discount) for you.

freestyle cup renewal discount? oh yeah, try to find the location that honored that.
i did, and i found it, and then the attendant knew nothing about it.
i had wasted enough of my precious time at the parks and gave up.

Complain to guest services you say?
sorry, i just dont have the hour or so to waste on that.

Now the uoap lounge? its a nice place to stop and cool off and grab i believe it was chips/water/soda. That's actually nice.

As a passholder, i truly am not feeling the love.
You forgot about the button....

I had issues with the passholder discount at restaurants as well last year, but I pulled up the website and showed them and they gave it to me.

Apparently annual passes aren’t universal.
On the other hand this all seems like standard fare compared to previous years

There were AP discounts for the hotels during that time. They just sold out. I was able to get one of the rates on 9/16 as late as last week (guessing someone cancelled).
i can get a discounted rate for the 16th tonight if i wanted, but that is a Thursday, I was looking for Fri+Sat (Sept 17-18 or Sept 24-25).
i could not find any passholder discounts for those days for either RPR, HardRock, or Portofino and i have truly been looking since April

Quick AP question that doesn't exactly fit this thread, but I figured someone may know. Does my year begin from the date of purchase or the date of first use? As a follow up, if it is day of first use, am I able to use the APH rate for hotels prior to my first day of use?

Quick AP question that doesn't exactly fit this thread, but I figured someone may know. Does my year begin from the date of purchase or the date of first use? As a follow up, if it is day of first use, am I able to use the APH rate for hotels prior to my first day of use?

I believe it is date of first use. First time you scan that card to get into the park your clock starts.

Reactions: RevFreako
for the APH rates at the hotels - yes, you can purchase APH rates online before your AP is activated at the park.
all you have to do is present AP card while at the hotel. Doesnt even have to be at checkin.
example: first time i bought an AP i was able to grab an APH rate at Royal Pacific Resort, i checked in at RPR at 6 something in the morning, dropped off my bags, grabbed the keycard that gave me express pass priviledges, and headed to the park to get my AP card and do early admission. RPR had no problem with giving me the APH rate.
When my room was ready, (they let me know via text to my phone) i went back to the hotel, presented my AP card, and all was good.

what i was not able to do prior to activating my AP - buy discounted HHN tickets. To get to the webpage to buy discounted HHN tickets, you have to enter your AP number. Since AP was not activated yet, website did not allow access to that page with my AP number.
called Universal, explained situation, people on phone could not get it to work - end result: not able to buy discounted HHN tickets until AP activated.

Reactions: therock
i can get a discounted rate for the 16th tonight if i wanted, but that is a Thursday, I was looking for Fri+Sat (Sept 17-18 or Sept 24-25).
i could not find any passholder discounts for those days for either RPR, HardRock, or Portofino and i have truly been looking since April

in years past, I noticed around HHN time of year, AP rates never seemed to exists in the deluxes unless you stayed 3 to 5 nights. Might try 3 nights just to see if it comes up...try four..

I've been an AP for 10 years and booked using the AP rate many many times. When I've checked in I've asked if they wanted to see my pass. The answers always been no. They've never checked.

I've been an AP for 10 years and booked using the AP rate many many times. When I've checked in I've asked if they wanted to see my pass. The answers always been no. They've never checked.
i'm so happy you have been an AP for 10 years, i guess i'm not as old as you.
i related a story of what i personally experienced, in an effort to help the person who was asking a question.

Reactions: Mad Dog
i'm so happy you have been an AP for 10 years, i guess i'm not as old as you.
i related a story of what i personally experienced, in an effort to help the person who was asking a question.
No prob. I wasn't refuting your story. Just adding to the story the experience that it usually is no big deal with the hotels. Seems they're very liberal on the AP stuff.

Universal Orlando has announced details on 2021's Passholder Appreciation Days, including discounts, benefits, and menus exclusive to Universal Annual Passholders beginning August 16 and running through September 30.

Confisco's is underrated...that Wagyu Beef Burger looks really good

Everything else is..fine

You know off season would be great for an AP night, Universal