2022 Holidays at Universal Orlando (Nov 12 - Jan 1) | Inside Universal Forums

2022 Holidays at Universal Orlando (Nov 12 - Jan 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Universal Orlando has announced dates and details for its Holidays celebration, with the event beginning November 12 and running daily through January 1, 2023.

Universal Orlando has announced the return of Universal’s Holiday Tour and The Grinch & Friends Character Breakfast for this year's Holiday celebration.

I'm heading up for my first Holiday season this year, and the Holiday Tour is tempting - anyone do it and feel strongly one way or the other about it? I'm an HHN guy so I'm totally out of my element here.

Reactions: Rikku
I'm heading up for my first Holiday season this year, and the Holiday Tour is tempting - anyone do it and feel strongly one way or the other about it? I'm an HHN guy so I'm totally out of my element here.

Did it last year and enjoyed it. I will say the special viewing area for the Parade wasn't my preferred spot to watch it - but it does allow you to just walk up instead of camping for a good spot. IDK if they'll change that this year, though.

The announcement states that Grinchmas will be in IOA. Hopefully they will still be using the former Blue Man Group theater like last year

I'll at least take Lights of Winter from Epcot.
I know this is from last year, but they're using pretty much the same structure this year. Use this or something a little larger set up along Delancey Street. By putting it on Delancey, it's off of the Holiday Parade route, but still in an area that would be nice to do something similar to Lights of Winter.
n13_universal_halloween_horror_nights_30_sign

DSC_2136-M.jpg

Last edited:
Universal should considering doing their own version of Osbourne lights in Hollywood or New York.

Would be the final blow to Disney's offerings.
I feel like it would have to be *everywhere* to really be an attractive addition. They already do “Christmas in New York.” Doing Christmas lights in NYC, Central Park, Hollywood, and (especially) London Waterfront would make it a superior product to Disney’s lights.

That, with a Christmas parade and fountain show… plus the typical offerings, would give Studios the best Christmas in Orlando.

I feel like it would have to be *everywhere* to really be an attractive addition. They already do “Christmas in New York.” Doing Christmas lights in NYC, Central Park, Hollywood, and (especially) London Waterfront would make it a superior product to Disney’s lights.

That, with a Christmas parade and fountain show… plus the typical offerings, would give Studios the best Christmas in Orlando.

Yup. Especially with the next few years, USF will need some extra things to show off.

Parade + Christmas Lights + A Holiday Cinematic will round things off well.

The Holidays at Universal Orlando are starting this Saturday, November 12, and we have a sneak peek at some of the holiday-inspired menu & merchandise offerings that will be available this year.

Reactions: Darko and Mad Dog
Never done Christmas at Uni before, always HHN, looking at the VIP package but notice it doesn't include Macy's parade view spot are good spots tricky to find or is it ok to find one last minute?

Never done Christmas at Uni before, always HHN, looking at the VIP package but notice it doesn't include Macy's parade view spot are good spots tricky to find or is it ok to find one last minute?
Best spot is in front of Macy's facing the tree across the street. Show stops there, tree lighting finale, and lots of confetti snow. Get there 20 to 30 minutes before parade starts. Lots of good spots in NYC and Hollywood
that you can get right before it starts. But you need to walk around a bit about ten minutes before the start to scope it out since the crowd selection varies from day to day....The parade is a sure joy. We generally catch it
three or four times each vacation. It never gets old for us.

Wow, I cannot believe this just happened! Universal finally opened up a small "Preview Center" for the most highly anticipated new park in Orlando located at the end of this tribute store:

Lots of new attractions to speculate on in my opinion!

I know brands are not your friends, but someone should teach courses on how attuned Universal is to both its local and core audiences.