Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2023 Mardi Gras

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Universal Orlando is offering a new way for guests to enjoy Mardi Gras with a new offering, the Mardi Gras Float Ride and Dine Experience.

Universal Orlando is offering a new way for guests to enjoy Mardi Gras with a new offering, the Mardi Gras Float Ride and Dine Experience.

Will you still be able to reserve spots on the floats for free using the app or is this the only way to ride the floats now?

Line-up released. More info soon.

DateHeadliner
February 4Patti LaBelle
February 10JVKE
February 11Goo Goo Dolls
February 18Maren Morris
February 19WILLOW
February 253 Doors Down
March 4Sean Paul
March 5Lauren Daigle

Taking place from February 4 thru April 16, Universal’s Mardi Gras: International Flavors of Carnaval – features a dazzling Mardi Gras parade, cuisine inspired by global Carnaval celebrations, and live concerts.

I'm surprised they brought back the discounted gift cards. Figured that only came into place to appease everyone angry at the lack of tasting lanyards.

I feel like they don’t even need to do concerts anymore. I wouldn’t be surprised if the concert aspect joined the Summer Concert Series in studio heaven.

I feel like they don’t even need to do concerts anymore. I wouldn’t be surprised if the concert aspect joined the Summer Concert Series in studio heaven.
I don’t disagree, but the concerts have been the cornerstone of Mardi Gras marketing for years now. Would be an odd adjustment to make IMO.

I don’t disagree, but the concerts have been the cornerstone of Mardi Gras marketing for years now. Would be an odd adjustment to make IMO.

Not really odd. Concerts were a way to draw guests in, but the park is busy now so no point in hosting large acts anymore. Seems like they are perfectly fine with the parade and food offerings as the main draw.

Not really odd. Concerts were a way to draw guests in, but the park is busy now so no point in hosting large acts anymore. Seems like they are perfectly fine with the parade and food offerings as the main draw.
Stopping marketing because you already draw guests is an even odder strategy than the concerts thing :lol:

At what point do you say “Spring Break is crowded enough, we don’t need to do Mardi Gras at all”?

I’m with @Joe, leverage your better market position into better acts, reducing the need for the rinky-dink filler concerts in between.

Stopping marketing because you already draw guests is an even odder strategy than the concerts thing :lol:

At what point do you say “Spring Break is crowded enough, we don’t need to do Mardi Gras at all”?

I’m with @Joe, leverage your better market position into better acts, reducing the need for the rinky-dink filler concerts in between.

Never said they should stop concerts. It's just not as necessary as it used to be to host them.

The parks are so busy in March that I get it, but it does feel really jarring at the same time. Feels like one of those changes coming from Karen Irwin. This seems to be the beginning of them phasing out the concerts as lets be honest, the acts announced here probably below what Sea World/BGT will end up having and it's the weakest lineup/closest to Disney's weak Eat To The Beat lineup that Universal has put out in my time going to the parks.

If Mardi Gras weekends are now super crowded as Spring Break peaks, what's the reason to attract more guests than the park can comfortably handle ? No need for an expensive band
if attendance is maxed without a band. Severely overcrowded parks are a negative experience, not necessarily a positive. If they had better capacity that wouldn't be a problem, but USF
capacity is presently problematic.

If Mardi Gras weekends are now super crowded as Spring Break peaks, what's the reason to attract more guests than the park can comfortably handle ? No need for an expensive band
if attendance is maxed without a band. Severely overcrowded parks are a negative experience, not necessarily a positive. If they had better capacity that wouldn't be a problem, but USF
capacity is presently problematic.

Construction walls all over the place, no Kidzone to adsorb families, Mummy occasionally going down, etc. USF is in a capacity crunch atm.

Not saying no to concerts, but there's no pressing need for it.