Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

7D Dark Ride Adventure

Here's a video from Midway Mayhem of the one at the Orlando Eye. If you've been to Knott's Berry Farm or Canada's Wonderland and been on their shooter rides, it's done by the same company (looks exactly the same) except you're stationary on this:

Here's a video from Midway Mayhem of the one at the Orlando Eye. If you've been to Knott's Berry Farm or Canada's Wonderland and been on their shooter rides, it's done by the same company (looks exactly the same) except you're stationary on this:

I have to ask, did I miss the part where there were actual sets? They say there are in their press releases, yet I saw nothing but a screen.

KBF's version of this ride is mostly screens, but does have some excellent sets to complement the proceedings. By comparison this just looks...flat...

I have to ask, did I miss the part where there were actual sets? They say there are in their press releases, yet I saw nothing but a screen.

KBF's version of this ride is mostly screens, but does have some excellent sets to complement the proceedings. By comparison this just looks...flat...
Oh, well yeah, there isn't any sets. It's literally a box that they installed in a few days, I wouldn't expect too much more from it. I was more meaning the screen/shooter experience is the same as those other rides.

Oh, well yeah, there isn't any sets. It's literally a box that they installed in a few days, I wouldn't expect too much more from it. I was more meaning the screen/shooter experience is the same as those other rides.

So, it doesn't even move on a track then, correct?

Having been on KBF's and having a friend who went to CWL I can say that both of those are similar to TSMM in that there are screens and a vehicle that moves along a track. KBF's has some good sets to complement the experience while CWL has a 'surprise' ending (but no real sets).

I am trying to envision this and have a feeling it is more along the lines of the Castle of Chaos experience in Branson, MO and Pigeon Forge, TN. On that particular attraction you sit in seats that are on a turntable with a screen all around you, 3D glasses, and guns to defend yourself against the supernatural beasties.

Does this seem to match what you have seen/know about this Next Big Thing? If so, the Castle of Chaos was fine, but not an incredibly memorable experience.

So, it doesn't even move on a track then, correct?

Having been on KBF's and having a friend who went to CWL I can say that both of those are similar to TSMM in that there are screens and a vehicle that moves along a track. KBF's has some good sets to complement the experience while CWL has a 'surprise' ending (but no real sets).

I am trying to envision this and have a feeling it is more along the lines of the Castle of Chaos experience in Branson, MO and Pigeon Forge, TN. On that particular attraction you sit in seats that are on a turntable with a screen all around you, 3D glasses, and guns to defend yourself against the supernatural beasties.

Does this seem to match what you have seen/know about this Next Big Thing? If so, the Castle of Chaos was fine, but not an incredibly memorable experience.
There's no track, you are correct.

The seats do move to simulate movement, there are different scents that get sprayed, the gameplay is exact to what I experienced at KBF (minus the track and sets). I would love to see Fun Spot get the full on version of the ride though... I think it only cost $15M or so at KBF, which is about in Fun Spot's range and would give them something to market.

The 7D attraction is a poor man's version of a poor man's TSMM/MIB, but for a stand-alone attraction you get what you get. Personally it's far too expensive for me to ever want to do it again here (unless it was with a bunch of friends).