A 4th On-Site Hotel? | Inside Universal Forums

A 4th On-Site Hotel?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2010
Charleston, SC
themed towards hogwarts as if we were all students. then the boats to/from citywalk could be themed as the boats to hogwarts!

the entertainment at the hotel could be in the form of house competitions

it would fit perfect in the land south of universal

SO MANY IDEAS!

I liked the Hollywood Art Deco hotel they released concept art for. I hope that eventually gets built.

I don't like talking about imaginative things like that, when it would completely ruin all of Universal's hard work.
Just the thought of something as horrible as that makes the creativity level drop down, and whenever I hear people boast about how "wonderful" the idea is, I want to walk away quietly.

I know this is for fun, but how would it be fun to be able to see two Hogwarts Castles at once? And then get up in the morning extra early, leave Hogwarts, and then go back to Hogwarts? I know nothing about Potter, but isn't there another avenue to imagine? Somewhere else to base a Potter hotel off of. That idea isn't the bad part. The idea of having two Hogwarts is.

I know this is for fun, but how would it be fun to be able to see two Hogwarts Castles at once? And then get up in the morning extra early, leave Hogwarts, and then go back to Hogwarts? I know nothing about Potter, but isn't there another avenue to imagine? Somewhere else to base a Potter hotel off of. That idea isn't the bad part. The idea of having two Hogwarts is.

this is just a what if. the hotel could be something else. but a potter themed hotel is my point. and how well it could be done.

this is just a what if. the hotel could be something else. but a potter themed hotel is my point. and how well it could be done.
A whole hotel themed to PURELY Potter? Call me crazy, and I probably am, but I don't think it could stay really popular. Yes, it would be hugely popular at first, but after a few years there will be less and less Harry Potter fans willing to pay a LOT for a room just so it's themed like Harry Potter. It might sound like a great idea, but it just wouldn't appeal to a large enough group of people.

The best hotels in Orlando are ones NOT themed to a franchise (Portafino, Royal Pacific, Polynesian, Yacht and Beach, etc.). Universal's 4th hotel should be something of the same. I wouldn't mind seeing a Lost Continent-esque hotel connected to the water park.

The best hotels in Orlando are ones NOT themed to a franchise (Portafino, Royal Pacific, Polynesian, Yacht and Beach, etc.). Universal's 4th hotel should be something of the same. I wouldn't mind seeing a Lost Continent-esque hotel connected to the water park.

I agree with UNIrd. I'd love to see that Hollywood Art Deco hotel built.

It is the top image:

universal2ji8.jpg

I too loved the art deco design. Anybody hear anything lately about what happened to their fourth hotel?

All of the master plan (minus Potter), was released before the recession hit. :lol:

A 4th on-site hotel would be nice, but I can't see attendance/room bookings sustaining itself without the addition of a 3rd gate.

From Screamscape

Late 2013 - New Resort - Rumor - (1/30/12) Early word is that Universal Orlando may be working with their hotel partner (Lowes Hotels) on finalizing plans to open a forth resort hotel by the end of 2013 in one of the empty lots beyond the Royal Pacific. More than likely, they may opt to build this resort of the bigger plot of land, which is also the furthest one away, directly behind the giant Jurassic Park ride building.
.....The rumored theme of this resort may be a 1960’s era California ocean side resort hotel with a heavy surfing theme. The Surfing theme may be played up quite a bit here, with the creation of an on-site waterpark for hotel guests that will include an abundance of surf wave equipment (wave pool, stationary surf waves, etc). From what I’m hearing, a surfing lesion may even may be included as part of the experience for hotel guests. Even better news, it seems the price point they are shooting for with this new hotel may be to fit in more with Disney’s Moderate resort level price point.
.....In a previous master plan amendment filed with the city back in 2007, they did identify both of the empty lots beyond the Royal Pacific as future resort sites. The closest site (labeled Site D) was planned to have an 800 room, 8-story tall hotel structure, while the bigger site we’re talking about here (Site E) was to hold a proposed 1800 room resort with 16-story tall hotel tower wings branching off a central structure. The plan at the time did show that Universal intended to expand the river system to allow for transportation to these two new hotel projects. (This was the same master plan where they revealed the apartment complex that was built behind the Jaws area and The Promenade at Universal Plaza office complex that went in across from the Hess station.)

jborIbUM8uW1e7.jpg

Well this possibly connects some dots (if true). All these rumors of a waterpark may just be linked to be an added aspect of a future hotel. Hmmmm.......

Reactions: Felipe
Status
Not open for further replies.