A Series of Unfortunate Events | Inside Universal Forums

A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 14, 2014
Seoul, Korea

January 13, 2017
8 episodes
Based on the internationally best-selling series of books by Lemony Snicket (aka Daniel Handler) and starring Emmy and Tony Award winner Neil Patrick Harris, A Series of Unfortunate Events recounts the tragic tale of the Baudelaire orphans -- Violet, Klaus, and Sunny – whose evil guardian Count Olaf will stop at nothing to get his hands on their inheritance. The siblings must outsmart Olaf at every turn, foiling his many devious plans and disguises, in order to discover clues to their parents’ mysterious death.​

The movie from way back just screamed for a dark ride. I hope this show takes off. I'd love to see a classic dark ride around this.

Three episodes in and I can say a good summary of the show so-far for those that don't want spoilers..

This show, is the love child of not only the books; but from elements from Wes Anderson, Tim Burton, The Addam's Family, as the cast so-far in my opinion is perfect. NPH (first time seeing him play ANY character for me) has captivated me, and has actually made me feel uncomfortable; which is rarely common for any other performance..

I highly recommend giving it a view of the first two episodes, as it will blow you away. But if you are sadly and indiscreetly turned off by horrible things happening, well; look away.

Reactions: Frogki and WAJAS
I just started it last night. I get a sense of Addam's Family and Pushing Daisies (which died too soon). I'm having some trouble picturing Olaf as anything other than NPH in makeup but I may get over it. I don't know the books, but I saw the Jim Carrey movie ages ago.

Just finished it over the weekend and loved all of it. While the production values can't compare to the movie, the sets are very well done for a Netflix show. Further, the humor and storytelling is far superior than the movie's. NPH dives into each of Olaf's characters role with gusto in a way that makes him shine on his own against Jim Carrey and Patrick Warburton could very well be the next Morgan Freeman of narrators. Looking forward to the second season and whatever book series next gets the TV/Streaming treatment.