Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Advice on attraction order

Aug 17, 2015
Hello,

I have only gone to Universal Studios Hollywood one time before.  I will be going again on October 4th.  We will be arriving when the park opens and then staying for the Horror Nights.

We will be purchasing FOL passes for the horror nights but not for during the day.  There will be 3 of us so we are not sure if we will be able to afford the FOL during the day as well.

Here are my questions:

• What order should we do the rides during the day since we will not have the FOL passes?  Here are my thoughts for the order.  Let me know if I should change any of it up
  •        Studio Tour
  •        Despicable Me
  •        Mummy
  •       Transformers
  •        Jurassic Park
  •        Simpsons
  •        Shrek

• For Horror NIghts, so far I have only seen the below listed for the haunted houses.  Which order should I try to do them in?  Not sure which ones will be the most popular and should head to first?
  •      Insidious 3
  •      Crimson Peak
  •      Walking Dead
  •      Halloween
  •      This is the End
  •      Alien vs Predator
  •      Terror Tram

any other advice you might have would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

The order for daytime looks great! Though do AVP right after Crimson Peak cuz they're in the same area. And remember this, the FOL pass is only one-time use. So don't use them for the first time in the maze if you don't have to. Here's a good order for HHN:

Head straight to lower lot for Insidious

Go to trams by Transformers to get to Metro Sets

AVP

Crimson Peak

Back on tram to lower lot

This Is The End

Head back to the Upper Lot

Terror Tram (since it closes earlier)

Halloween (might need to use FOL pass by this point).

By this time, go do all the mazes again with your FOL pass. 

Thanks for the suggestions, this is perfect.  I noticed you did not mention the Walking Dead?  Is this a maze or just a scare zone.  I also heard that there will be two different areas that I will be able to wait in for early access since I will be in the park during the day.  Is one of these a better place to be if I am going to the lower lot for Insidious first?