Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Any indication where the ride might go if it were to happen? Presumably very near the Festival of the Lion King building?

I don't know, if it turned River Journey into a walk-on (or just about), I'd be fine with that!

But either way, I'm glad a genuine ride count expansion seems to be on the table for the park.
Lion King would go south of the Festival of the Lion King building, towards Club 33.

Lion King would go south of the Festival of the Lion King building, towards Club 33.
Can we raze 33 and move it… they built it literally in the way of expansion. I get the thinking of it’s a relatively quiet area, but they could’ve made Club 33 at this park so much more cool. I would think Club 33 would want a way to watch any nighttime show that comes to the park from the DAK location, which tbh would be easy to have done in a much cooler way.

I find it interesting that this park and DHS have such limited expansion opportunities without razing something that already exist.

Does Pandora have the space for a third attraction ?

Also in my opinion there shouldn’t be any competition for funds if Disney is serious about expanding capacity at WDW.

I find it interesting that this park and DHS have such limited expansion opportunities without razing something that already exist.

Does Pandora have the space for a third attraction ?

Also in my opinion there shouldn’t be any competition for funds if Disney is serious about expanding capacity at WDW.
They really don't. There's a lot of places in both DHS and DAK to expand without really replacing anything major, and yeah, Pandora has more space too.

If you have a long list of ideas and a non-infinite budget, something will always be competing for the last dollar.

Periods of time where money gets thrown around left and right is how you end up with things like Harmonious, Starcruiser, Rivers of Light, etc. … unless you’re still giving things a critical eye.

Reactions: IzzyB and OrlLover
If you have a long list of ideas and a non-infinite budget, something will always be competing for the last dollar.

Periods of time where money gets thrown around left and right is how you end up with things like Harmonious, Starcruiser, Rivers of Light, etc. … unless you’re still giving things a critical eye.
While I do agree with you I just think that Disney needs to go ahead and commit the funds to these projects especially if the R&D costs are already covered.

For example the rumored Lion King attraction potentially coming to Paris and Orlando.

While I do agree with you I just think that Disney needs to go ahead and commit the funds to these projects especially if the R&D costs are already covered.

For example the rumored Lion King attraction potentially coming to Paris and Orlando.
I think they're finally committing... October 1st should start a new "era" in the Disney parks and how Disney views them.

Maybe I'm being too hopeful, but it wouldn't shock me to see multiple projects across all four parks under construction within 2 years.

DAK has major expansion pads to the north along with the west if they are willing to relocate BoH locations.

I think they're finally committing... October 1st should start a new "era" in the Disney parks and how Disney views them.

Maybe I'm being too hopeful, but it wouldn't shock me to see multiple projects across all four parks under construction within 2 years.

DAK has major expansion pads to the north along with the west if they are willing to relocate BoH locations.
Agreed! Hopefully I'm not being too optimistic either, but we should see construction at AK, DHS, and Magic Kingdom by next summer.

Yes. It's a whole new ballgame it seems. I think we can throw out most of our past Disney assumptions. And, as I said before, this will make it real hard for Universal to rest on their Epic laurels, and continue the status quo at USO and IOA. They're going to have to put the gloves on now, and get some 'major' stuff ready to go, besides what's at Epic.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Yes. It's a whole new ballgame it seems. I think we can throw out most of our past Disney assumptions. And, as I said before, this will make it real hard for Universal to rest on their Epic laurels, and continue the status quo at USO and IOA. They're going to have to put the gloves on now, and get some 'major' stuff ready to go, besides what's at Epic.
Agree 100%

Unless they pull another blue sky session stunt for D23 this year, I can justify/understand the lack of anything substantial with Iger only returning 2 years ago. BUT, that's more than enough time to develop and plan projects... now it's time for approval & construction.

As for Universal, Epic will certainly be the talk of the town 2025-2026... but after that they're gonna need to give a reason to come back.

Agree 100%

Unless they pull another blue sky session stunt for D23 this year, I can justify/understand the lack of anything substantial with Iger only returning 2 years ago. BUT, that's more than enough time to develop and plan projects... now it's time for approval & construction.

As for Universal, Epic will certainly be the talk of the town 2025-2026... but after that they're gonna need to give a reason to come back.
All the rumors floating on here from Luigi's Mansion, to Zelda and Pokemon it does seem like at the very least they have some kind of plan post-Epic for big projects.