Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion)

Goodbye and good riddance. Joe Rohde was so much of what was wrong with Disney Imagineering. Big ideas and poor execution. Lots of detail but missing the big picture.

Look, I want more rides in Animal Kingdom as much as anybody. But I think what we do have there is of pretty high, consistent quality (Dino-Rama being the key exception), and it's the only one of the post-Magic Kingdom WDW parks that still feels like it has a soul. And I think much of that is because of him.

Rhode isn't AK's only guardian, he was just its most public facing one.
There are some unofficial, yet enforced rules about Animal Kingdom that get enforced. The only public acknowledgement on these rules was Rhode publicly talking about the "no pants unless you are the Sensational Six" rule to shoot down Zootopia.
That said, if the AK Indy proposal ever happens (which I don't see it happening. I think Indy shifted back to DHS if it ever happens), I'm under the impression that it had jumped through the previously alluded to hoops and had the blessing of some of the park's "guardians."

Thought it was coincidental we were just talking about this (and I was telling you about the animal Kingdom D+ show) and now we have this:

More than happy to be proven wrong.

I didn't realise there were more episodes, I'll need to go back and check it out.

I can't remember what this show is called, but it's been around for at least a year or two now. It's not advertised or anything so you just sort of have to be there at the right time.
They flew basically right over my head when I was there in January, and it really startled me.

Pretty cool, though!
That's "Winged Encounters: The Kingdom Takes Flight," which was added around 2014. I remember discussing it on the forum, but that thread might have been deleted with the merger.

Thanks! I believe it was around 3:15 and like @belloq87, we just walked out of a store or something and suddenly these Macaws come flying by.