Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

All Nite Die-In: Double Feature

Some movie monsters are terrifying when brought to the real world (AWIL) but yeah I definitely agree with you there mostly. I don't know about the 2009 versions, they were never meant to be black and white. They'll probably just go with the classics since they already have black and white costumes for all of them ready to go

Looks like some cars have been added to the drive in, and this is the first time I've seen the screen.

From Twitter:

Wow, this picture is a bit of foreshadowing of exactly what is coming to the train switch area (see rails in street).
There must be an announcement coming soon... today, tomorrow?!

CN-z6EtWEAAeV3e.jpg

I kind of wonder if they might take advantage of the fact that Disaster is closing. Assuming it's getting redone or torn down they could graffiti it, make it look weathered or run down really whatever they want.

I kind of wonder if they might take advantage of the fact that Disaster is closing. Assuming it's getting redone or torn down they could graffiti it, make it look weathered or run down really whatever they want.

I don't know, I'm kind of assuming they're keeping most of the facades.

I don't know, I'm kind of assuming they're keeping most of the facades.

Yeah, it is very unclear to me if that brick facade sporting 1887 will remain. The trolley tracks are staying from what I have been told. Also told that this area of the facade will be used for the exact opposite of what it is primarily used for now.

I suppose we should move this to the F&F thread. :)

Yeah, it is very unclear to me if that brick facade sporting 1887 will remain. The trolley tracks are staying from what I have been told. Also told that this area of the facade will be used for the exact opposite of what it is primarily used for now.

Oh, so it will be the exit to Fast and Furious, makes sense. Anyways, where does Universal get all of these cars and buses from. Do they buy them from used car places or are they just props with no engines?

I love this scare zone. Friday and tonight I have spent some time it it and just enjoyed all that was going on. Both friday and tonight I noticed that the good doctor was missing and Norman had the same jawline as our good doctor. So I asked an ops and he said to look closely at Mr bates. I asked him how he switched off and he said thay the guy that plays Dr frank and the invisible man trade off playing Norman. The guy that plays norman/the doctor deserves so much credit for doing a great job at both characters. Earlier in the night he walks up to my friend and asks him if he is being good for mother. When we return an hour and a half later he comes up and asks if he was still looking for a vacancy. All while having Tha twisted smile on his face. He also does a good job of getting behind you and popping thay knife right in your face. Throw in some rain and I would die.

Sorry for the double. But yeah fav zone with the b&w being a knockout and such a joy to watch. Special mentions going out to bride, Dr frank, invisible man, and exorcist lady.

I hate to say this, but I hate this scare zone. Too cramped and it's just a photo op. I know that's not totally on Universal, it's the society we live in where everyone needs selfies and pictures to show the world what they are doing but I hate it. The costumes and actors are great, but the guests ruin this for me.

I think the evil roots is worse than this one
last night there was this Jam of people stuck at the end of the zone and no one could move, I think I saw an actor stuck in the crowd too (And the people that leave the Jack show all go here after the show ends and it becomes another jam on that side too

They can always bring back the clown zone in Springfield and the chainsaws in front of transformers again ( with different characters maybe)

That would give us 7 zones for next year still

I love the idea of this zone, but the SF street has been too narrow for a SZ for years now. And yeah, time to return to a no photos with scare-actors policy.
I think the only way that could possibly even come close to working is they would need to remove characters that people would want to take photos with. As it is now they would need to have at least one staff person with each and every character to try to stop people from taking photos.

Perhaps they should just embrace it and make a selfie scare zone.

I think the only way that could possibly even come close to working is they would need to remove characters that people would want to take photos with. As it is now they would need to have at least one staff person with each and every character to try to stop people from taking photos.

Perhaps they should just embrace it and make a selfie scare zone.
That is basically what the Hollywood strip has been since 20.