Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

All You Can Eat Pass (discontinued)

U

UniversalFan

So, I am still puzzling why USH got rid of the AYCE program. They discontinued it at the beginning of the 2012 summer season. Anyone have any idea why? Do you think the park is going to bring back the AYCE program in the near future. UOR still has their Meal Deal pass, but USH got rid of its AYCE. I understand why, money! 

Maybe with the amount of local annual pass members buying "buy a day/year free passes" coupled with All You Can Eat, maybe it wasn't profitable anymore compared to Orlando's tourist centric crowd? Idk :/ i did it once long time ago. Wasn't worth it for me personally, i only ever ate once in the park

Maybe with the amount of local annual pass members buying "buy a day/year free passes" coupled with All You Can Eat, maybe it wasn't profitable anymore compared to Orlando's tourist centric crowd? Idk :/ i did it once long time ago. Wasn't worth it for me personally, i only ever ate once in the park
True. But the deal was a great way to save money. But it is worth it on busy and long park operation. RIP AYCE

I got it once and I loved it because even if I wanted a little snack in between big meals, I would go to any of the selected places and just get the dessert or whatever part sounded good at the time.

I had heard that the reason why they discontinued it was because they were anticipating the big crowds for Transformers.  The theory was that with the AYCE pass, Guests were staying at the tables longer than Guests without the pass since they could get unlimited food (by going back through the line each time).  Since they were expecting a lot of Guests to show up over the summer to experience Transformers (which did happen), they decided it would be critical to have the turnover rate of tables around the park to be as quick as possible in order to meet the demands of the Guests.

This is only what I heard- when they discountinued the AYCE pass, I asked a cashier at the Jurassic Cafe why the park decided to do that, and that was the explanation I got.  Maybe someone can confirm this?

Of course, I'm sure money was a motive too.  I'm an AP, and I would get the AYCE pass almost everytime I went just for the convenience of being able to eat as much as I wanted to throughout the day, so I ended up saving money each time compared to what all the food I ate would have cost a la carte.  I do hope they eventually bring it back though!  Something similar to Six Flags Magic Mountain's new AYCE season pass would be a nice add-on for APs.

Never took advantage of this option.  My Universal experience has begun to branch out after being a part of this group.  Its kind of nice discovering little things about my park I never knew of.

Never took advantage of this option.  My Universal experience has begun to branch out after being a part of this group.  Its kind of nice discovering little things about my park I never knew of.
LOL. I take advantage of the Guest Assistance Pass, so that i could cut the lines. 

I don't see it as a way of cutting the lines. We just wait our turn which is an equivalent of waiting in line, and still wait in line a bit in Gate A
Yeah, I know if the line is long,return times are given. But we can enjoy the other attractions. It's worth it. :)