Alton Towers - Project Horizon (New SW) | Inside Universal Forums

Alton Towers - Project Horizon (New SW)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It‘s a sensible decision for this park to build more indoor rides, given the climate. Not sure if rollercoasters are what’s required though. We’ve seen Merlin dabble into dark rides recently, so I maybe expected an attempt here.

Reactions: shiekra38
The UK could really use a "legit" dark ride, at least something along the lines of Jumanji at Gardaland. The country doesn't really have any Transformers or Spiderman-calibur dark rides so something like that would be great for this park.

An indoor coaster would be great for Alton Towers though. Curious to see how the layout will be. I'm willing to bet it will be another "scary" theme since Alton Towers is all about that spooky scary stuff.

Reactions: UAN17 and shiekra38
I think they need to rethink that a little. Drayton Mannor have shown it‘s possible to do fun themes without going dark, which is maybe a little too easy.

Reactions: shiekra38
I think they need to rethink that a little. Drayton Mannor have shown it‘s possible to do fun themes without going dark, which is maybe a little too easy.
Yes, I think Air was an interesting departure...and still continues to be that after the re-theme

They could definitely try something a bit more light

Reactions: UAN17