Alton Towers Secret Weapon 7 (SW7) | Inside Universal Forums

Alton Towers Secret Weapon 7 (SW7)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sep 23, 2012
UK
Alton Towers, the UK's premier park and home of the Nemesis has been busy constructing their latest secret weapon during closed season.

sw7planoverview.png

It is a £20M Gerstlauer Euro Fighter with at least 8 inversions including an intertwined batwing and cobra roll, two 30M drops, an indoor section and rumoured new Gerst cars. There is also a rumoured trick track, believed to rotate the train giving it the world record for inversions, this is not confirmed but firmly believed by some in the community, it is being called the "washing machine" amongst fans. The ride will also be heavily themed.

Check out this fantastic recreation by Nemesis94DJW

[video=youtube;liu91c_r9dU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liu91c_r9dU[/video]

The Ride is scheduled for a March 16th opening, but I think they are way behind. They not like Uni workers over here, only working days for a start. You can see the latest construction ariels below.

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/sw7/construction/

Alton Towers always market there SW's (secret weapons) as worlds first or world beating. Examples below

SW1 Arrow pipeline - Never built
SW2 Rework of the above (I think) both deemed too boring so Nemesis was the first ever SW.
SW3 Nemesis, speaks for its self, although this was a European first.
SW4 Oblivion worlds first vertical,
SW5 Air, first B&M Flyer,
SW6 Thirteen first free fall/drop
SW7 Gerst, currently under construction. Unknown what the worlds first or world beating will be

I live 20 miles away from Alton Towers so I am buzzing for this ride, would be interested to know what you guys think. Will it open on time, what do you think the secret will be and your general thoughts on this new Gerst.

I will update this thread with any news and will bring you all a photo update from opening day.

You can click the link in my sig for all the latest, Im really looking forward to hearing your comments and discussing SW7 with you all.

Last edited:
I'm betting on early April for this if I'm honest.
I would go with this, if they are behind schedule I would guess the will want it ready for the easter weekend, which indeed is early April. Welcome to the forums :wave:
I really need to get over to Europe and ride some of the awesome coasters out there. :bang:
We could do a month swap, bit like wife swap but coasters:thumbs:

Very impressive! I really need to make it out to Europe to ride some of these, unfortunately that won't happen for YEARS! :angry:

I've got a buddy who lives over in the Netherlands that keeps trying to get me over there for a Euro coaster road trip and I really want to but just can't make it over there just yet.

Very cool thread, it's a park I've followed for several years

Ill be there on opening day and I really hope it's not 3 hours. Are you planning on being there?

Not on opening day unless its sometime in the summer when there might be a chance of getting some actual sun, hate going to Alton Towers on a cold / rainy day as the whole place just looks miserable.

After going to Orlando and visiting the many theme parks they have I am always curious as to why it can only take me 10 minutes to queue for Harry Potter (which was basically just the walking time to get on it) but nearly 2 hours to get on Nemesis. IOA has way more visitors then AT yet it can get people on rides in no time at all.

You need to take advantage of early ride time, and or early season. I regularly get 10 or more goes back to back on Nemmy. I know what you mean about the weather though, I will be there for Feb half term, I expect it to be bloody freezing.

It's not always great in Orlando, Iv'e seen many a long line. Try 2 hours for Olivanders.

Last edited:
Not much news on SW7, rumor that da choppa got up again today, will, link you if and when.

In the mean time I will fill you all in with what we know so far.

1. Track length 1170m
2. RVs will be 4 rows of 4, 16 per train
3. Ride Time 165secs
4. Height requirement 1.4m
5. Highest Drop 30m
6. Top Speed 53mph
7. Cost £20m.

All the above is confirmed by Alton Towers.

HTF

Hmmm 4x4 on the RVs....

Yep, confirmed too. There is talk it may be 2 euro fighter , 2 x 2x4 RVs joined together to make the train, looking at the layout I think they would struggle as it looks like a real tight twisty coaster. I think we will see something brand new from Gerst. Time will tell so keep tuned.

Any thoughts HTF?

More Aerials were indeed taken yesterday by MI7 & Towerstimes.com, I will put up a link soon as I can get to a PC rather than mobile.

Last edited: