American Express Gift Card | Inside Universal Forums

American Express Gift Card

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I also don't think so. I just stayed On-Site at Universal and you are able to charge your Room Key and that will charge your end bill, so you might go over what is on the gift card. Also, you have to make a deposit, and you need to pay for the room with the same card you used the deposit on.

So, I don't know. The best thing to do would be to call Universal or the Royal Pacific.

I would assume yes. Its just like any other credit card. Yes its a gift card but thats the point of it being an AMEX credit card. as long as you have enough for the room/deposit i see no problems. Dont call it a gift card. as far as a cash register is concerned its no more than a (pre paid) credit card.

Yes you can, You only need a cc on file if you are going to use the charging privillages
on your room key. I have checked in and just show I.D, done.
btw I reserve a room online, pay 1 night rate(deposit) with a cc. Then I send them a check
when I can to pay for the room . been doing this for several years now.

also the card you use to reserve the room with, doesnt have to be the card you pay
the final bill with. they will ask if you wish to put the charge on that card, as it is already in
their system, but you can pay with any card the accept,cash travelers checks etc.

Last edited: