Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Andor

I could’ve sworn Gilroy suspended Post production until further notice, no? Or atleast, what he was doing then.
Gilroy essentially was forced into disobeying Disney’s orders and ceasing his Producing duties due to the strike and being called a scab with threats to kick him out of the WGA.

Andor has not halted production though, which is where my worry lies.

Yay Disney will help make one of the best Star Wars things ever worst....it's one of the qualities of the current management is not respecting Star Wars and just pushing out anything with its logo on it

this is a decent breakdown of the situation disney has put its showrunners in. as is common in situations like this, the studios are trying to pit the labor pool against itself to make their own bargaining position stronger.
Other things like ABC’s Fall lineup that Disney described as “strike proof” with only 4 of the 24 hours of content in the lineup are scripted. Of the 4 hours, one is Abbott Elementary re-runs, a few are for Wonderful World of Disney on Sundays, and I forget the fourth. Everything else is unscripted.

This signals Disney is in this for the long hall potentially. If I were them on this weak ass lineup, I’d 100% have Andor S1 playing in a prime time slot all fall to get it more exposure.

I'm so excited for season 2....for an excuse to rewatch this show.....just...god the powerful scenes are so dam good. Like good on the writers for giving us a mature Star Wars that has the heart of the OG films but writer by people who really understand just how to write the empire and rebels

Andor is what I was hoping Rogue One would offer. What is it like to be a regular person under the thumb of the Empire? Really looking forward to the second season of this.

Filming for the second season is done. Hopefully it can still release late this year, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it slips into January.