Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

AP Holders Night

Mar 1, 2013
Space Coast
Guys this is my first Annual pass holder night is there any tips or anything you can give to make it easier so i have some clue to what im doing!!!!

Thanks!!

ha ha thanks....plan on being in the park all day...have a tour at 2 which should get done right before 4....i just dont know were to go from there???

- - - Updated - - -

sense i will already be in the park?

Im not sure on that one. Last time I did an AP night was back in 06 I think. I know they have the line outside but they might just have those in the park head over to the AP area, that is just my assumption. Im sure others on here will know better than I with that one. Ill be there for AP also and will be int he park so im in the same boat.

I'm unfamiliar with the topic, can someone fill me in? Do they have exclusive AP nights for HHN, and if so which passes are accepted?

https://www.universalorlando.com/rsvp/hhn23/rsvp.aspx

SEPT 20, 21, 27 AND 28 | 5:00PM – 6:30PM
WOODY WOODPECKER’S KIDZONE® IN UNIVERSAL STUDIOS®

COME SPEND A DAY IN THE PARKS, THEN STAY FOR THE SPECIAL
PASSHOLDER NIGHTS AT UNIVERSAL STUDIOS!

YOU AND ONE GUEST* WILL ENJOY:
Early event access through an exclusive entrance located at the front of Universal Studios
Exclusive Passholder early access to three designated haunted houses
Early access to the first showing of Bill & Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure
Food and drinks available for purchase

SEPARATE HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS® EVENT TICKET REQUIRED

We did this last year and it was nice to be able to knock those three houses earlier. We did get Rush of Fear with Express this year. If you get the express DONT use it for those three houses. They will be the shortest lines you will have the rest of the night and you can come back to those houses after dark to go through them using your express.

Cheers

We did this last year and it was nice to be able to knock those three houses earlier. We did get Rush of Fear with Express this year. If you get the express DONT use it for those three houses. They will be the shortest lines you will have the rest of the night and you can come back to those houses after dark to go through them using your express.

Cheers

Yeah those express passes are like gold, save those bad boys for later in the night when the crowds kick in

Quick question regarding check in: I see it starts at 4, but are we able to check in any time between 4 and 6? That is, if I don't get to the park until around 5, am I still going to be able to check in for the AP event? Probably a dumb question, but figured I'd ask as I've never used this before.

Also, has anyone caught wind on whether or not FFB will be open for this? Thanks!

I think you can primarily because (based on last year) lines to get in were pretty large in themselves. I think we got their at a little after four and didnt get in until around 4:30 and there was still people lining up.

How about if you are already inside the park?

I'm curious about this too. Do I have to leave the park to go check in outside?

You'll be fine. Just go to the Woody Woodpecker’s Kidzone as stated. They will give you wristbands and corral you like cattle. If it's anything like years past you will start seeing AP holders walking around the park before they release you. These guests came in the front gate but somehow they forgot to open the cattle gates. You will start to question what's going on and after a 10 minute delay they will release you after they finally figure out that you should have been let out 10 minutes ago. :lol:

Last year we could wait at Finnegan's, a much better option IMO.

We went last year on a SAT night. We got there early and checked in out front (which we needed to do since we had a non pass holder guest with us) so we got our wrist bands and entered the park via the pass holder entrance with our HHN tickets. When we went over to the Kidszone, we did see that you could check in over there.

People were lining up at the two houses in the Kidszone, the queues were not open yet, so the lines seemed worse than they were.

When those houses opened we did those, when we finished, we were still kept in the Kidszone as the third house was not open yet. What I really do not know is if the third house opens around the same time as Stay and Scream. I just wonder if we would have been better to head over to the sound stages after we were released from the Kidszone area.

We did get all the houses in, we also had dinner at Mel's, saw Bill & Ted (but not the 1st showing), and left before the event was over ( do not recall how early). Anyway, we just did all the houses first going in order counter clock wise. We did have rather long waits for the last two houses (which is why I wonder if we would have been better off doing those sooner in the night), the other houses had long waits, but not as bad as the last two. I also feel it was too light out when we did WD (Disaster Queue house)...but we did get to do everything we wanted and I do not think we would have w/o the early start.

I have read on here from past years that there are times w/ shorter waits so I do hope it will be better this year since there is more to do (an 8th house, scare zones, Transformers....stuff like that to hopeful spread the crowd out better. We are also going two nights this year, so I imagine we should be able to see houses we enjoyed more than once this year.

so mike do you feel like we got a real answer....lol :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

and thanks bobwadd for an answer...though i really dont think i like the idea of waiting while i see other people around me walking around

ok guys dont want any spoilers but how can you see the opening scaremonies on an APHN? is it possible just to go over to the gate when it opens to the public? you think its worth it?