AP On-Site Hotel Discounts | Inside Universal Forums

AP On-Site Hotel Discounts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 1, 2013
Space Coast
can somebody direct me to a thread or help me with my question...i have had my annual pass for two years now but dont know how to get the discounts for onsite hotels....ive seen people saying they get up to 40% off...is there a certain promo code to use?

Also call Uni for rates. Ask what the rack rate is long with AP and FL residence rates. They you can judge how much of a discount you get. Rates may change and im sure they only have so many room allocated for those cheaper rates so once they are gone you might not find something that cheap unless you get cancellation later on.

APH discounts are generally 30% off rack or less.
Those who receive 40-50% off are pin#s Universal sends out, they are very random.
My wife has been a APH for 2 years and has got 2 pins this year(1 for 40% and 1 for 50%)
The 50% we are using this Oct.$112.00 for RPR week night and $127.00 for weekends.
I have been a aph since 2004, never have got one. Sign up on the aph page (at universal.com)
to receive the e-news letter for aph. good luck

I've never gotten a pin either and have stayed many times over the course of the past five years. I know there is a specific APH section of the UniversalOrlando site where you log on by having to type in your absurdly long APH membership number and PIN/ID # that are on the back of your APH. I just end up calling Loews and booking them over the phone.

Florida rate and APH rate will be the same at RPR and Portofino. Hard Rock is wonky with their rates. So if you don't have an Annual Pass but live in Florida, you can use promotion code "FLO" to get up to 34% off the rack.

Your AP mailer will also have a special hotel offer for you. In spring the offer was a complimentary room upgrade at the Portofino. (No pin required.) For summer, the offer was save 50% (off the rack) if you stay 3 nights or more at any of the three hotels. (Pin required.) It shouldn't be long before fall's mailer is sent out.

Florida rate and APH rate will be the same at RPR and Portofino. Hard Rock is wonky with their rates. So if you don't have an Annual Pass but live in Florida, you can use promotion code "FLO" to get up to 34% off the rack.

Your AP mailer will also have a special hotel offer for you. In spring the offer was a complimentary room upgrade at the Portofino. (No pin required.) For summer, the offer was save 50% (off the rack) if you stay 3 nights or more at any of the three hotels. (Pin required.) It shouldn't be long before fall's mailer is sent out.

how do i make sure i can get my fall mailer every time one gets sent out i never get mine....should i call?

Always do a search with no codes, then search again with the FLO code, and then again with the APH code. Then you'll know for sure if there are any discounts available. In the past I've had times when there was no AP discount but there was a Florida Resident discount, and vice versa. They probably set blocks of rooms for each promotion / discount, so they might be out of AP slots but might still have Florida resident slots :thumbs: