Area15 Orlando (Opens 2024) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Area15 Orlando (Opens 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's a shame. Was just there this past weekend and was looking forward to the development. There's an abandoned hotel next to it that just started to see construction happen again that would have finally cleaned up the area a bit.
I kind of get it tho. While Meow Wolf (which, IIRC, was never technically confirmed) would give it a certain "cool" factor, ICON expanding, Margaritaville still around, Pointe's redo actually seems to be going through, and we're looking at another nightlife-centered-attraction in that abandoned resort across from Celebration. Market getting kind of crowded, and two of those a lot closer to OCCC and Universal, who would drive much of the business.

I think they may have adopted another plan to put a location in Orlando, just in a different place…

Unless it's I-Drive, where competition will be fierce and land likely more expensive, I don't see another location working.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Unless it's I-Drive, where competition will be fierce and land likely more expensive, I don't see another location working.
There is a giant empty building readily availably in Disney Springs. Wouldn't call it an instant success, but would certainly draw more guests than the NBA Experience.

The Area 15 land could have worked fine as an add-on to the outlets nearby. But I agree, Orlando has more than enough nightlife experiences. Not uncommon to see I-Drive/Margaritaville quite barren.

Reactions: SeventyOne
There is a giant empty building readily availably in Disney Springs. Wouldn't call it an instant success, but would certainly draw more guests than the NBA Experience.

The Area 15 land could have worked fine as an add-on to the outlets nearby. But I agree, Orlando has more than enough nightlife experiences. Not uncommon to see I-Drive/Margaritaville quite barren.
Fair, I just don't see the Disney crowd mixing with this at all, outside the hard-core few who post about theme parks on message boards. Parents of princesses would give it a wide berth.

Fair, I just don't see the Disney crowd mixing with this at all, outside the hard-core few who post about theme parks on message boards. Parents of princesses would give it a wide berth.
I'd say the same, but the Disney Springs crowd is a bit different than the Disney park crowd. Using Jollywood as a reference, Disney has been leaning more and more to the young "hip" adults who love spending money on experiences.