Army of the Dead | Inside Universal Forums

Army of the Dead

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am not a really big fan of Snyder at all and I have no clue why he seems to be the defacto Romero successor. But since I can watch this for free on netflix and there has been a limited amount of recent releases this year I am actually a little excited for this. Honestly I do not know how I would have faired this year movie-wise without shudder.

Reactions: Grabnar
Why the hell are the trailers for all of his stuff since at least Man of Steel so unnecessarily over-dramatic? :lol:

Looks like it could be a fun watch.

A zombie outbreak limited to Vegas with a heist is a kind of interesting concept.

Looks like it could be a fun time but I'm legitimately wondering why in the blue hell it's called Army of the Dead when Heist of the Dead sounds so much more applicable. Maybe it'll be building on this whole 'they're smarter than you think' idea but ehhh.

I'm a big George A. Romero fan, so I was so hyped when Dawn was remade. Then I saw it, opening day. :puke:

Has this guy ever made a good movie?

Again, with Watchmen. The opening is fantastic! Then we get into the hyperviolent vigilantes that the comic was making fun of.

No thanks.

• Angry
Reactions: Lucky Planet
I have bigger worries on if Dave Bautista can anchor a movie. The few movies he's been in as the main lead/co-lead have not been good. The movie sounds and looks like it has a lot of potential, but I'll be going in with tepid expectations.

I'm a big George A. Romero fan, so I was so hyped when Dawn was remade. Then I saw it, opening day. :puke:

Again, with Watchmen. The opening is fantastic! Then we get into the hyperviolent vigilantes that the comic was making fun of.

No thanks.

Each to their own, i really liked it, but then I also liked Man of Steel, 300 and Watchmen :shrug:

No thanks.

Dawn of the Dead was a fantastic movie though....

Cinemark has confirmed that Zack Snyder's Army of the Dead will be getting a wide release exclusively at Cinemark's across the country on May 14th, one-week before it debuts on Netflix.

Considering there's nothing really to see this month and this movie looks like it'll at the least be a pretty fun time, this may be my first time back in a theater since before the pandemic. This movie looks like it was made for a theatrical release so i'm glad it's getting one.

I liked it. I wish it leaned into the comedy more because the whole premise is absurd, but I also enjoyed the seriousness of it all slowly going up throughout the film. Will definitely go well as a double feature with Snyder's Dawn of the Dead.

Im halfway through and man the writing is pretty bad. Also Snyder being the cinematographer himself its like he is trying to shoot an art film. Every shot is shot wide open and the Bokeh is distracting. I mean you go some great shots but everything’s out of focus. Also they Lidar mapped the entire vegas strip to distroy it in CGI but there is a lot of mismatch between his shots and the cgi. Finishing now so I will edit with thoughts on the second half.

yeah pretty much the 2nd half was bad. Snyder managed to use the Cranberries son Zombie in a zombie movie. So pedestrian.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
It did manage to make Dawn of the Dead look like Oscar material though :shrug:

Such a shame, been looking forward to this one for months.

We watched it last night and it was alright. I kept my expectations low going in so that helped. I appreciated the new spin of the alpha zombies. My favorite charachters in the movie are the German and the helicopter pilot. They def. could've shaved 30 min off the film or more. I did see they are making a prequel called Army of Thieves and it will be like The Italian Job with Zombies.