Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Automatic Thread "Bumping"

Jul 18, 2012
In the thick of it
For some reason, I've noticed that for quite a while now various threads seem to "bump" themselves and indicate new posts inside the sub forums list, on the main forum page, and in the "Newest Posts" list at the top of the page without any new posts, or even edits to the last few posts in said threads. It was happening with the DHS dining thread for a while over the course of a few weeks with my post being the last, and has happened with several other threads since that (the first time I noticed it). Nothing big, but annoying and I figure if it is something you can fix on your end and it isn't an issue with vanilla VB that you guys hadn't noticed yet, I'd mention it.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's the polls because I remember the same thing about the DHS one and it had a poll. I remember somebody, HTF I think, went through and locked a bunch of threads where people were bumping them with polls. Most annoying one right now would be the BttF vs Simpsons for me.