Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

With Return Of The Jedi coming out for a Re-Release and then GotG Vol 3, Tomorrow is scheduled to finally be the end of Avatar 2's Theatrical run with Disney pulling it from theaters. It should finish right pretty much right at $683.8M Domestic (#7 All-time) and $2.32B Worldwide (#3). It was still in 920 theaters as over this past weekend so it was almost playing in what would be considered a smaller wide release (1k+ theaters) still. Under 1k is considered limited release.

I'd assume this means a Blu-Ray release is just around the corner and that probably by June-ish it'll be on Streaming, and because of the HBO deal, James Cameron gets to have this movie exposed everywhere with it going to Disney+, Max, and with the way Disney Streaming has been doing things, *probably* a Hulu release as well, but who knows.

If it does indeed go up onto streaming for June, it'll be up on Max for 18 months and literally come off at the beginning of December 2024, meaning that it contractually being obligated to go to Max is going to work out to be nothing but great promotion for Avatar 3 and then in December 2024 if people want to watch the movie it'll be Disney+ exclusive. If I was Disney, i'd try to get some sort of deal going like that in between every movie :lol:

Watched TWOW over the past two nights with two people who had seen it and two who hadn’t. We started late one night and we got to a perfect stopping point (after Ki’ri has a seizure).

Everyone enjoyed it. I noticed things I didn’t in theaters with the ability to pause at home (and this was my fourth time watching) and those watching it for the first time enjoyed it, although said they didn’t like that Ki’ri was voiced by her mother/Sigourney Weaver as she honestly doesn’t sound like a teenager compared to the others.

However, I do think that it may be part of Kiri’s character. She kept talking about not fitting in and she’s essentially the Jesus character. I think she’s supposed to be wise beyond her years as I believe she is the living embodiment of Ey’wa. So if I’m right on that, I actually do like Sigourney Weaver as Kiri.