Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lucky you, there IS a game coming!

Ubisoft is making a new game based on James Cameron’s Avatar - The Verge

But I agree, this concept art makes me think more of a video game than a movie. Granted, it’s concept art of a *highly* CGI-ed film so it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise.

Meh, the first game was pretty unremarkable. There's a reason that the trend of making video games based on upcoming movies pretty much died out over the last decade: they were lousy and often rushed to meet their deadlines resulting in buggy experiences.

Meh, the first game was pretty unremarkable. There's a reason that the trend of making video games based on upcoming movies pretty much died out over the last decade: they were lousy and often rushed to meet their deadlines resulting in buggy experiences.

I remember that Spider-Man game for PS2 that came out with the movie being the Bee's-Knee's.

I may not be the biggest fan of AVATAR, but a new James Cameron movie (which will be only his third in 24 years!) is always going to be a big event for me.

Hopefully they're somehow able to get the film in theaters for its December 2021 release, because it's been pushed back so many times by this point. I can remember when Cameron said his intention was to get it out in 2015!

I may not be the biggest fan of AVATAR, but a new James Cameron movie (which will be only his third in 24 years!) is always going to be a big event for me.

Hopefully they're somehow able to get the film in theaters for its December 2021 release, because it's been pushed back so many times by this point. I can remember when Cameron said his intention was to get it out in 2015!
I think Avatar 2 and 3 were either already done shooting or mostly done. They were working on the VFX of it all for both movies now, which is the real time consuming part for a movie like this.

By the time this really ends up in the theaters, CV will be long gone, and a new pandemic will be hitting. :lol: This may well be the most delayed movie of all time.

By the time this really ends up in the theaters, CV will be long gone, and a new pandemic will be hitting. :lol: This may well be the most delayed movie of all time.
Yeah, but nobody will care that the movie was delayed so much if it's a great movie or has some sort of technical advancement again. James Cameron was working on the idea for Avatar starting in 1995 and the film didn't come out until 2009. He takes his sweet, sweet time with his movies to get them right.

If the movie is bad, then the complaints will pour in about it being unnecessary and taking too long, etc.

I think Cameron knows he's got to deliver, especially since he's making two movies at the same time, and if 2 isn't well-received, 3 would likely be D.O.A.

He's been in the position of needing to deliver many times in the past and has found a way to do so. So, at minimum, I'm expecting AVATAR 2 will be an incredible spectacle (like the first, where the biggest issues have nothing to do with the quality of the spectacle).

AVATAR 2 has now been pushed to December of 2022.

Barring more production shutdowns (which I don't envision in New Zealand), I would have thought the movie could still have been finished for the 2021 spot.

Disney’s marketing muscle can make Avatar 2-5 a hit. I can’t wait for the D+ Avatar TV shows to connect with the AK Avatar Land all as part of the Avatar Cinematic Universe.

Disney’s marketing muscle can make Avatar 2-5 a hit. I can’t wait for the D+ Avatar TV shows to connect with the AK Avatar Land all as part of the Avatar Cinematic Universe.
You joke, but I fully expect a Disney+ show at some point, especially if the sequels are successful.

I expect a movie to come out then the rest will be sent to D+.
4 & 5 won't even be made if 2 & 3 under-perform. Cameron was given $1B to work with for the 4 movies, however. Disney is gonna wanna make as much money back as possible. And considering Avatar is already in their parks, they definitely want this to be a hit.

This is going to be like “The Irishman” where they have to post post post the actors back to their ages when they first started production. The actors will, by then, be in wheelchairs or using walkers at the premier carrying Cameron’s ashes.