Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

Which is stupid, because it’s Disney’s loss. They’d make a lot more money if it wasn’t stuck in such a tight window of time.
After the Galaxy's Edge newness wears off (who knows when that'll be with the parks in limbo), I think Disney will start to ease off on the exact time period of Galaxy's Edge. As the Star Wars universe expands, GE will end up needing to be a catch-all for all of the Star Wars stuff that people want.

It took them a while, but it could just to be to avoid bad press. When everything’s shut down, it’s not in great taste to be advertising the opening date for your big new thing.

Makes you wonder how much room they will have to expand after the avengers' attraction opens up
Also, the whole canon thing with the snap still happening and them not doing anything about it is dumb.
Should've just firmly stated its a different universe without adding the baggage onto it.

Makes you wonder how much room they will have to expand after the avengers' attraction opens up
Also, the whole canon thing with the snap still happening and them not doing anything about it is dumb.
Should've just firmly stated its a different universe without adding the baggage onto it.
I thought the press release already stated it was in a different universe where the snap never happened.

I do love a birds eye view of the parks. Looks like they have cleared the land/path area to the future Avengers E-Ticket already?

Also, if I was Disney I'd definitely sacrifice Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters for Avengers expansion. Cars Land would be just fine without it:
Avengers Campus.jpg

It's still a parking lot...
And beyond that, using the Lugui's plot of land for Marvel would be terrible for sight lines. It would encroach far too much upon Carsland and there would probably be a giant warehouse butting right up against the land if they went this route.

On the other hand, wow, thats a gigantic plot of land for a ride. I really hope it gets built someday. If its that flying coaster where you go off on your own thats a cool way to make us feel like a superhero on our own and I think that'd be a winner of a ride. Needs to be big and fun and fast, closer to Everest level of thrills, Imo. Although I'm sure it'll be tamer than that since Guardians exists.

It's still a parking lot...
If you re read my original post - I said the land/path TO the new E-Ticket, not the E Ticket land itself. It's probably just for site access but gives us an idea of the way the path might go if the ride actually ever happens.

And beyond that, using the Lugui's plot of land for Marvel would be terrible for sight lines. It would encroach far too much upon Carsland and there would probably be a giant warehouse butting right up against the land if they went this route.

I saw pics somewhere showing that this is already the case in parts of Cars Land due to this construction. The handy thing is they can just cover any show building up with rockwork/murals on the Cars Land side (Not saying they will though because... you know... Disney :shrug:)

I think Luigi's is far enought off to the side that it could go without causing too many problems from a sightline point of view. They can keep the Luigi's facade, turn it into a M&G and shop or whatever and then take out the ride behind it.

I would argue the Millennium Falcon being flown by a bunch of "locals" on this junker planet of Batuu also isn't cannon with the time period it's set between. Disney's nonsense they're trying to pull just doesn't make sense when you think of how it would fit in in the timeline between 8 and 9.

Locking Galaxy's Edge between Episode 8 and 9 is a weird idea. I understand where Lucasfilm was coming from and the broad strokes of the land like Rise of the Resistance work in that timeline. I can give Smuggler's Run a pass too. It's just moving forward you are forced to keep things in this weird one year-ish area which could cause problems.

That being said, I do really enjoy Galaxy's Edge for what it is but I am glad to hear that the Marvel stuff won't be locked in like that.

Last edited:
I think Luigi's is far enought off to the side that it could go without causing too many problems from a sightline point of view. They can keep the Luigi's facade, turn it into a M&G and shop or whatever and then take out the ride behind it.
The aerial view is somewhat deceptive, as you can definitely see Luigi's from multiple parts of the land, including the main strip. I'd much prefer they cut into parts of Hollywoodland. Unfortunately, that seems unlikely as the theater is awkwardly positioned and both it and the Art of Animation walkthroughs are good at eating up people.

On another note, I bet Disney's glad they went with body detection for Spider-Man.

The aerial view is somewhat deceptive, as you can definitely see Luigi's from multiple parts of the land, including the main strip. I'd much prefer they cut into parts of Hollywoodland. Unfortunately, that seems unlikely as the theater is awkwardly positioned and both it and the Art of Animation walkthroughs are good at eating up people.

On another note, I bet Disney's glad they went with body detection for Spider-Man.
I really wish there was a way to just pick up and move the Hyperion :lol:

I really wish there was a way to just pick up and move the Hyperion :lol:
to the backside of Main Street....... said nobody ever. What an eyesore that would’ve been.

I remain pessimistic about what the the E-ticket can be... that parking lot isn’t that big. Even if the trolley car maintenance bay is toast, that doesn’t add much.

I do find it interesting that they finally found the money to scrap the air hockey table infrastructure from Luigi 1.0 to make room for what looks like an office building (offsets trailer displacement). They left it all there to save on Luigi 2.0, but a taller structure there could help with sightlines from Carsland.