Avengers Campus (DCA) | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers Campus (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry for being uninformed but is Black Panther in the land? If so how are they handling it?
Black Panther is in the Avengers stunt show as are the Dora Milaje. There were also pictures on Instagram of him posing on the Avengers Headquarters balcony for pictures alongside Captain America.

Reactions: Allomancer
The movie model of giving everyone their own ride before building up to an Avengers ride seems like a poor idea. Not sure if they're intentionally trying to do that but having them build/open the whole land at once would have been better.

Haven't been keeping up with this said, so apologies if someone has said this before, but it looks like friggin' Ninjago. :bonk:

Which is fine, I guess, but that ride did result in my arms hurting like heck. :lol:

I showed my mom this who’s vaguely into the MCU and she was curious what the Avengers ride is..... I had to disappoint her. It’s kinda insane Disney keeps opening things without their main attraction, it’s just a, really baffling strategy.

Also while this feels maybe a bit strong, she compared this so Hogsmeade/Diagon with every single thing available EXCEPT the E ticket rides. It would be just Hippogriff and the Hogwarts Express for rides. Shows, restaurants, and interactivity stuff all available, just no Gringotts or FJ. Not that Avengers Campus and those are trying to be the same thing, but that was an interesting comparison I don’t disagree with.

Speaking of the Avengers E-Ticket, it sounds like Disney has a particular approach when asked about it...

I know parks have played the "Ride, what Ride?" approach, but that's usually for attractions that haven't been officially announced or mentioned. Considering this one has been mentioned before and they're now acting like it wasn't, I really wouldn't expect to hear much about it for a while.

To make things more perplexing, they're doing the same to the Black Widow/Black Panther/Taskmaster stunt show which actually performed with the land's opening...uhhh, that's a new one.

Reactions: Tristan and Tbad556
Speaking of the Avengers E-Ticket, it sounds like Disney has a particular approach when asked about it...

I know parks have played the "Ride, what Ride?" approach, but that's usually for attractions that haven't been officially announced or mentioned. Considering this one has been mentioned before and they're now acting like it wasn't, I really wouldn't expect to hear much about it for a while.

To make things more perplexing, they're doing the same to the Black Widow/Black Panther/Taskmaster stunt show which actually performed with the land's opening...uhhh, that's a new one.

My guess is that they don't want the focus to be on the Avengers ride (which has had a lot of developmental issues) which currently isn't a part of the land, they want the focus to be solely on Spider-Man right now.

The trouble here is that they haven't even decided what they are going to build, and when they do it will probably be 4 or 5 years of construction.

It's insane to think that this land won't get a phase 2 or flagship attraction until 2025/26

Reactions: Mad Dog
The trouble here is that they haven't even decided what they are going to build, and when they do it will probably be 4 or 5 years of construction.

It's insane to think that this land won't get a phase 2 or flagship attraction until 2025/26
Brutal

Which is frankly unacceptable.

The Spider-Man ride and character encounters are certainly great for locals but will they move the needle on DCA attendance. Even without an Avengers ride, DCA needs a plan for how it's future will evolve in the next five years.

The plan right now seems to be a continued emphasis on special events and incremental aesthetic changes, probably in Paradise Gardens Park and Hollywoodland. Maybe we'll get some bear animatronics and a permanent presence for Soarin' over California, if we're lucky.

Wait, are you serious? They don’t even know what to build!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA What a clown show Disney has become planning for Marvel rides.

Reactions: SpyderDan
If Avengers is just another screen ride like Soarin, maybe 2 years construction. May have a complex ride system, but I'm sure that's being worked out in a warehouse somewhere in this meantime. I can only hope it's something cool like Forbidden Journey, or even kinda cool like Transformers at this point. 3 years then.
Either way, I'm not too thrilled to be watching screens. I was fairly disappointed with the finale of Rise.

If Avengers is just another screen ride like Soarin, maybe 2 years construction. May have a complex ride system, but I'm sure that's being worked out in a warehouse somewhere in this meantime. I can only hope it's something cool like Forbidden Journey, or even kinda cool like Transformers at this point. 3 years then.
Either way, I'm not too thrilled to be watching screens. I was fairly disappointed with the finale of Rise.
I mean if it's just another screen ride like soarin it wouldn't really be worth however long it would take. Would just turn Avengers campus into the land of rides that are already in the park, but with a marvel skin slapped on them.
If disney really wants to stay in the game with competing parks, it has to be something new and unique.

Reactions: Freak
Anyone else see you can’t access Guardians from Hollywoodland and can only ride it if you’re in Avengers Campus? Geez they are really trying to piss off their fans.

Reactions: Grabnar and Freak
I know opening are crazy but this seems like it would have been a good opportunity to do boarding groups like they had planned with Galaxy’s edge. Standby lines for 3 or 4 hours just to get in the land seems totally against what I thought Disney was trying to avoid. Also a 1 month period where they had timed reservations like GE would have been good here too.