Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

Honestly, I actually agree.

I mentioned it slightly in the Paris thread; but I am becoming more and more fine with this. Especially as I keep the mindset of the MCU in mind, which; there is a lot that makes sense for Marvel to connect to DCA.

You got Los Angeles being seemingly large area's of interest for aspects like Stark Industries and Carol Danvers; and then San Francisco/Oakland is pretty much the big spot for Pym Tech/Ant-Man and the Wakanda Research Center. And if they go in a way that I think they're going to go at, it may make somewhat sense for Spider-Man and Doctor Strange to exist in the confines of the state of California for a few reasons.

I am nervous still, and arguably so; but I am more open to the idea than previously. Especially if it means updating an area of the park that needed the love.

My thought is that a new project got the green light and they would rather have Rhode take the lead on that one instead. No inside info just a pure guess on my part.

Man, Disney really dropped the ball on Marvel this year. It's a shame they couldn't get their act together with that Spider-man ride because they really need a reason to get people over to DCA to spread out those SW:GE crowds. Good luck trying to get people over there. Plus, that new Spider-man movie would have driven more people to see the ride.

That would've meant no major addition for the next two or three years, but two big Es and a solid D would've been plenty to hold us over for the next big ride.

Man, Disney really dropped the ball on Marvel this year. It's a shame they couldn't get their act together with that Spider-man ride because they really need a reason to get people over to DCA to spread out those SW:GE crowds. Good luck trying to get people over there. Plus, that new Spider-man movie would have driven more people to see the ride.

That would've meant no major addition for the next two or three years, but two big Es and a solid D would've been plenty to hold us over for the next big ride.
Marvel nor Spider-Man are going anywhere when it comes to movies. And people aren't going to choose to come to DCA for a Spider-Man attraction bc Into the Spider-verse was out, they'll be going because he's an iconic character.

They never intended to have a Marvel ride open this year though? Even the ride-less land won't open until 2020.

DLR does do a good job of having limited time events that are a draw for locals so I'm sure they have something planned for the summer to pull guests away. Plus, DCA is the only park valid for entry on certain annual passes this Summer.

Marvel nor Spider-Man are going anywhere when it comes to movies. And people aren't going to choose to come to DCA for a Spider-Man attraction bc Into the Spider-verse was out, they'll be going because he's an iconic character.

I think they are talking about Far From Home... which sufficiently establishes that no year is really 'the Spiderman movie year' anymore.

I think they are talking about Far From Home... which sufficiently establishes that no year is really 'the Spiderman movie year' anymore.
Even still, Tom Holland is no question (imo) the best live action Spider-Man we've had and Disney will be able to use him for the ride. That alone is much bigger than it debuting when a Spider-Man movie is in theaters. Further, it appears Sony is going to go all in on the Spiderverse animated universe, so we'll be seeing a lot of Spider-Man in the years to come.

How big is the old theatre this is replacing? and is it being expanded? Curious how this compares in size to other rides.

Just to wade in on the quality of Marvel attractions - although we have very little info about it the Avengers ride planned for Hong Kong looks pretty amazing and perhaps shows that Disney can design a good Marvel ride when they try:
latest