Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

We will get it but I think it won't be as advance now its hard...I want amazing rides but also we live in a world where they can't control lines on normal days and want more things like SLOP, MK and Potter over ROTS were only like 1/4 the people paying get into the ride.

I mean what is the point of amazing rides if you can't even ride it?
Completely agree with this. They need people eaters.

Every E-ticket should be designed to put through at least 2000 guests per hour. Minimum.

So a boat ride like pirates, or omnimover or a coaster that is designed to run 5 or more trains.

I get that attractions need capacity but I think there is a limitation on what you can do. Smugglers and rise are about 1800 -1900 and we know rise is hard to get on.

Do you want new rides that are ground breaking or do you want the same rides systems used with different IP?

Every E-ticket should be designed to put through at least 2000 guests per hour. Minimum.

So a boat ride like pirates, or omnimover or a coaster that is designed to run 5 or more trains.

I get that attractions need capacity but I think there is a limitation on what you can do. Smugglers and rise are about 1800 -1900 and we know rise is hard to get on.

Do you want new rides that are ground breaking or do you want the same rides systems used with different IP?

I mean, I do put a bit less stock in something being "ground breaking" than most others do around here, yes.

But even so, being a very advanced and new (and exciting) ride system does not preclude having great capacity; Indiana Jones Adventure was designed to get 2400 an hour to ride it. The Spider-Man/Transformers system was designed to exceed 2000. Those were both ground breaking, technologically-impressive ride systems when they debuted in the 1990s. Forbidden Journey's in the 2700 range, too.

You can absolutely design something new and fun AND make sure you can get a huge chunk of your guests on it each day.

I mean its around 1,700 from what I can find and its not bad...however I would like over 2,000 with how many guests are now allowed into the park I feel like anything under 2,000 (which is 300 more and hour and on a 12 hour day would be another 3,600 guests) is just too low for people coming in to see this new ride.

Now if Disney wants to make a new ride system that is amazing and can handle that many guests great...if not I don't mind more tradition rides

My issue with Rise is it fills up in less than a minute....that is just wrong even Wrong. Even WOW you had minutes to get in line before it sold out and that show can only have around 4,000 guests and like 3 shows when it started.

I believe one of the reasons the Avengers E-ticket was delayed to a second phase is because they cancelled the original concept due to capacity not being high enough?

As far as I know, the Wakanda quinjet adventure is the new concept, with a hopefully greater capacity, but I believe it was still in early dev stages when they announced AC.

Site selection and ride system selection have both been all over the map. The Flight of Passage ride system was pitched at one point, but eventually nixed over the massive show building (easy to hide behind floating mountains, not so much from Harbor Blvd.) and the cost to run it (a lot).

It also bounced back and forth between north or south of Tower.

It probably doesn't help that it seems like Disneyland has bounced through leadership over the last 4-5 years. Even when Josh was there for awhile, I think the DCA VP changed a lot.

I'm trying really hard to stay glass half full. I don't think that Avenger's Campus will be anything Earth shattering, but I do think it will be enjoyable. I don't really even mind how the land looks from the photos that have been released although it seems to look a little better with it's lighting packages on in the evening.

Hoping that whatever phase 2 they had planned is actually still on track in some way.

I'm trying really hard to stay glass half full. I don't think that Avenger's Campus will be anything Earth shattering, but I do think it will be enjoyable. I don't really even mind how the land looks from the photos that have been released although it seems to look a little better with it's lighting packages on in the evening.

Hoping that whatever phase 2 they had planned is actually still on track in some way.
I mean it wont be...its a fun little land. I think the Dr Strange area could be very beautiful at night but thinking everything else will be good. I mean heck the two shows we were suppose to get with the land...no clue if those are happening

I mean it wont be...its a fun little land. I think the Dr Strange area could be very beautiful at night but thinking everything else will be good. I mean heck the two shows we were suppose to get with the land...no clue if those are happening

Isn’t this land based on the highest grossing movies of all time? I’d think that for something as wildly popular and profitable as MCU Disney wouldn’t go the “fun” and “little” route here.

I think it’s all still planned to happen right now.

Ken Potrock mentioned all the shows/moments on the recent D23 podcast.

Spider-Man stunts, Avengers on the Avengers building, something about training with the Dora Milaje, and then the mystic arts stuff with Dr. Strange.

This will be a good addition to DCA. Not groundbreaking but solid. It replaced a land that needed to go so it is a plus. Guardians is the best ride so Spidy will be a nice addition. Not mad the E ticket is not ready but they better send it when it does get built.

I was originally thinking of doing a part Disneyland/DCA trip this fall to be able to check out the new Marvel area. Covid fixed that, but at this point, I'd be concerned to go across country for that.

I think I'm most excited about the Pym's Kitchen.

I hope there's a lot of character interactions. Too bad there's nothing said about a Raft walk-thru where you can meet some of the villains who are locked up there.

Isn’t this land based on the highest grossing movies of all time? I’d think that for something as wildly popular and profitable as MCU Disney wouldn’t go the “fun” and “little” route here.
I agree

The MCU has killed it and while SW made money i think the MCU has had wayyyyy more mindshare and people talking about it

But its Disney, they do this sometimes. They have something HUGE like Frozen and literally reuse an old ride that was not that popular and now has 90+ mins lines...so its on fans they reward Disney for not going all out.

I feel like the character interactions and mini shows or show moments will make this land. It needs its E ticket though, with a really strong E ticket this is actually a super well balanced area in terms of rides, attractions, and dining. Without the Avengers ride it just leaves an awkward hole I feel.

I want them to get that attraction right though, and the Avengers are never going anywhere, so while the land is weird without it they can take their time here.

I feel like the character interactions and mini shows or show moments will make this land. It needs its E ticket though, with a really strong E ticket this is actually a super well balanced area in terms of rides, attractions, and dining. Without the Avengers ride it just leaves an awkward hole I feel.

I want them to get that attraction right though, and the Avengers are never going anywhere, so while the land is weird without it they can take their time here.

I think there will be plenty to soak in when it opens between new food, the character interactions and the Spider-Man ride. After the "newness" wears off though, I think people will be looking for something to add to the land. That even happened with Galaxy's Edge and everyone knew Rise of the Resistance was coming haha.

I think there will be plenty to soak in when it opens between new food, the character interactions and the Spider-Man ride. After the "newness" wears off though, I think people will be looking for something to add to the land. That even happened with Galaxy's Edge and everyone knew Rise of the Resistance was coming haha.
I believe it's rumored Avengers 5 will be in 2024 and tbh, I don't see the new Avengers ride opening for about 3 years anyway. It'd be great synergy to open an Avengers ride the same year one is coming out, though.

Based on how long it takes Disney to build an E-Ticket, wouldn't they need to have started construction on it by now?

I'd say 2025/2026.
I get what you're saying, however look how fast MMRR has gone up. They started on that last year and it looks to be on pace to open potentially next Summer. The Spider-Man ride also didn't take long to build either by Disney standards.

Also, Avengers is being built on what is now a parking lot, so there's not any demolition that needs to take place and since that's all backstage in a self contained area, the construction shouldn't interfere with daily ops much at all either.

I get what you're saying, however look how fast MMRR has gone up. They started on that last year and it looks to be on pace to open potentially next Summer. The Spider-Man ride also didn't take long to build either by Disney standards.

Also, Avengers is being built on what is now a parking lot, so there's not any demolition that needs to take place and since that's all backstage in a self contained area, the construction shouldn't interfere with daily ops much at all either.
Since the parks are virtually open now, I think the chances of them building it are a lot greater. If they started this Fall then I could see a Fall ‘24 or early ‘25 opening to coincide with the next Avengers movie. Apart of me think they might wait until they’re really far along with MMRR so we’ll see.