Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

I was in the land most of the day Sunday. Feel free to ask me anything! I’ll update a better trip report soon as I’m pretty burned out from two days in the parks.
Is there anything really going on outside of SM, GotG:MB, or the Doctor Strange show? How often is there characters out, street shows, anything outside of the things I mentioned?

Is there anything really going on outside of SM, GotG:MB, or the Doctor Strange show? How often is there characters out, street shows, anything outside of the things I mentioned?

Tons of activity in regards to characters popping up. It seemed like there was always someone out, or a show was happening. I’ll try to break it up as best as I can.

Spider-Man is only in the WEB area by the entrance and his photo ops take place between the flippy robot (which is very impressive in person).

The current Black Widow stunt show FWIW is a fun watch but benefits from a good vantage point near the restaurant. That seemed to happen about once an hour. Below that is a designated rotating photo op area for Black Panther and Iron Man. I only saw Captain Marvel and the new Captain America on the second level of the Quinjet building but I know most characters rotate.

Ant Man/Wasp, Steve Rogers Cap, Loki, Thor, and Black Widow all did seperate meet and greets in the middle of the land on a raised planter area or by the armored truck. That planter is also where the Dora Milaje show takes place. I didn’t see that one later in the day as I think they want that spot for meet and greets. The Guardians of the Galaxy dance show thing outside of Mission Breakout seemed to be semi frequent.

The Doctor Strange show was honestly my favorite thing in the land. It’s got some good humor bits and small illusions that I think people will enjoy. Hopefully it’s changed a bit over time. I believe that show happens once an hour as well but don’t quote me on that. It’s best seen after sundown also just as an FYI.

Freshbaked and other bloggers kill me.

Spiderman is not the E ticket Fans wanted and thats ok....no its not. Like you can make GREAT D ticket rides

I've seen some people on here not fans of Mario Kart and Mermaid...but Spiderman makes both look like god tiers in terms of ride design. Heck even the Beauty and the Beast ride/show thing is better than this at least it has impressive tech and you feel like your in an animated film

Regardless of Spiderman at IOA, this ride feels like DCA 1.0. Like I guess its Spiderman but besides Peter NOTHING else is from Spiderman. No villains, no Ned/Aunt May or MJ. The Q is soooo boring and feels like "old" Universal. No Villains and saw people saying "well its just a ride..they are saving the villains for films" but why not have villains from the films in this? Heck throw in Ironman villains since you've made him Ironman jr in the MCU.

Also if Disney really can't throw money in for an E ticket ride in the land...just give us Bugsland back but with a Bugs Life Dark ride and THAT would be a better land...no clue how they made such a boring MCU land but Disney set up to do it..and did a fantastic job.

I read a post on a different site that was bashing Mario Kart for having screens and other Universal screen rides. Seems kind of like putting blinders on. Mario Kart may not be the fast moving ride but, just based on video, it is lightyears better and immersive than the new Spidey ride. Of course, in my opinion, no Spiderman ride can compare to the original at IoA which is one of my favorite rides of all time.

Well the flying AA looks neat, once it finally get's to it. Hopefully the pacing can be tightened up in the future since that felt a tad awkwardly slow in the beginning.
I am super aware I am watching a doll on string. Like a life size marionette. I really wanted to like it. .

Deleted dumb joke. My last thoughts are California Adventure needs a substantial injection of life. It's been passed the table scraps for years. And I hope the Avengers ride will be good once Wanda and Doctor Strange find and materialize it from the nega-Covid dimension

Literally 20 years ago we liked going to California Adventure, it had this chill feel that calmed my high maintenance child. She would go from hiding in the stroller in Disneyland to chasing mickey at California Adventure.
This new stuff seems confused to me. Like semi organized chaotic design by a child with zero sense of flow and cohesion

Sure this was brought up, but why couldn’t they have all these active performances and characters in Galaxy Edge?

I think it was intended to have pop up shows much like Avengers Campus, but the big rumor was all of that live entertainment budget was cut.
View attachment 14674

EDIT: Pictures of TVA Loki from today:

They can do this but they can't get Grogu into Galaxy's Edge?

They just need to get over the timeline thing in Galaxy's Edge. What they are doing in the campus with certain characters just proves that the guest doesn't care as much as they think we do.

I read a post on a different site that was bashing Mario Kart for having screens and other Universal screen rides. Seems kind of like putting blinders on. Mario Kart may not be the fast moving ride but, just based on video, it is lightyears better and immersive than the new Spidey ride. Of course, in my opinion, no Spiderman ride can compare to the original at IoA which is one of my favorite rides of all time.
Everyone feels like they have to suck up to Disney or else they wont get access to the next cool ride or movie.

If whoever like this ride cool...they have really bad tastes in media and rides but cool you can have that

But I really can't believe how bad this is, its just not up to Disney Standards or even new Universals.

Everyone feels like they have to suck up to Disney or else they wont get access to the next cool ride or movie.

If whoever like this ride cool...they have really bad tastes in media and rides but cool you can have that

But I really can't believe how bad this is, its just not up to Disney Standards or even new Universals.

I feel like it's a little bit of a blanket statement to say that a person has "bad taste" because they enjoyed this ride. I was there this last weekend and a lot of people I spoke to enjoyed it. It's fine for what it is. Yes, the standard should be a little higher for new attractions in a Disney park. IMO people are going in with very high expectations but at the end of the day this is a 3D shooter ride with no height requirement. The most egregious thing about this situation is the phased construction that they insist on doing with these new lands.

I feel like it's a little bit of a blanket statement to say that a person has "bad taste" because they enjoyed this ride. I was there this last weekend and a lot of people I spoke to enjoyed it. It's fine for what it is. Yes, the standard should be a little higher for new attractions in a Disney park. IMO people are going in with very high expectations but at the end of the day this is a 3D shooter ride with no height requirement. The most egregious thing about this situation is the phased construction that they insist on doing with these new lands.
It’s an unpopular position but I truly believe some stuff just sucks

we try to say all set has value and it’s to me a lie. The movie the room (the bad indie film that has become huge) suckssss as a film anyone claiming otherwise is lying or trying to be different

The general public likes anything, we have people paying 220 bucks to make a lightsaber out of plastic but I’m suppose to also listen to their opinion on this ride?
This ride even if we had ten other rides in the land sucks and has zero love or crests creatively put into it

we try to say all set has value and it’s to me a lie. The movie the room (the bad indie film that has become huge) suckssss as a film anyone claiming otherwise is lying or trying to be different

The general public likes anything, we have people paying 220 bucks to make a lightsaber out of plastic but I’m suppose to also listen to their opinion on this ride?
This ride even if we had ten other rides in the land sucks and has zero love or crests creatively put into it
Damn, someone really doesn't like The Room.

Dude... bring it down a little. You can dislike a ride without trashing on people that might legitimately like it. You don't need to listen to their opinions on the ride, but if someone genuinely likes it, there's no need to rip them a new one and say they have no taste.

I think we can all agree that we like the part where they blast twenty gallons of fog on your face.

EDIT: Speaking of large quantities of fog, they should add some fog to the Doctor Strange show! Heighten the mystical atmosphere and what-not. And maybe do something with Wanda in that Art of Animation building. Seems kind of strange that Doctor Strange has such a minor presence when the MCU is leaning towards Secret Wars and the chaos of the multiverse.

Last edited:
I think we can all agree that we like the part where they blast twenty gallons of fog on your face.

EDIT: Speaking of large quantities of fog, they should add some fog to the Doctor Strange show! Heighten the mystical atmosphere and what-not. And maybe do something with Wanda in that Art of Animation building. Seems kind of strange that Doctor Strange has such a minor presence when the MCU is leaning towards Secret Wars and the chaos of the multiverse.
They wont....but if they redid the Beauty and the Beast part of the animated building to be some sort of Wanda Vision Walk through that would be fun.

Hey man, don’t trash the room! It’s a bad movie but it’s so bad it’s good! Besides, I personally met Tommy Weiseu at one of the screenings I went to of the Room.

Hey man, don’t trash the room! It’s a bad movie but it’s so bad it’s good! Besides, I personally met Tommy Weiseu at one of the screenings I went to of the Room.
Was he super tall in-person? I've heard he's kinda tall.