Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

Hey man, don’t trash the room! It’s a bad movie but it’s so bad it’s good! Besides, I personally met Tommy Weiseu at one of the screenings I went to of the Room.
lol

I love that bad movie....but doesn't not make it a bad film. Its sooo bad its good because the human mind can't understand why it is what it is, lol

Point is this ride is bad...I don't care how many people try to say its great in no way does this hold a candle to even the little mermaid ride (another ride that online at least gets too much hate because we have some video from a DVD of the first version of the ride )

Just an FYI, the Disneyland app now contains showtimes for all the shows in the campus. This will be super helpful and was one of the issues we encountered last weekend. Cast Members either didn't know, or tried to keep the illusion of the shows being spontaneous.

I saw a post on Instagram saying that Avengers campus is kinda dead now. Does this mean they will cancel the lottery system for Spiderman when I go Thursday? I really hope so.

I saw a post on Instagram saying that Avengers campus is kinda dead now. Does this mean they will cancel the lottery system for Spiderman when I go Thursday? I really hope so.

A forum member on WDWMagic went yesterday and shared their review today. Said it was packed yesterday. Avengers Campus felt like pre-Covid Disneyland ( their words).

A forum member on WDWMagic went yesterday and shared their review today. Said it was packed yesterday. Avengers Campus felt like pre-Covid Disneyland ( their words).

That is a somewhat horrifying image. I wonder how many are locals compared to out of state visitors. I know people are eager to travel, but dang. Wait a bit for things to settle out

Just an FYI, the Disneyland app now contains showtimes for all the shows in the campus. This will be super helpful and was one of the issues we encountered last weekend. Cast Members either didn't know, or tried to keep the illusion of the shows being spontaneous.
I just went a couple of days ago and this would've been super helpful. I was in the land for 2 hours and didn't see any shows happening at any point. I was very annoyed that there's like 4 mini-shows and I saw next to nothing.

I just went a couple of days ago and this would've been super helpful. I was in the land for 2 hours and didn't see any shows happening at any point. I was very annoyed that there's like 4 mini-shows and I saw next to nothing.

Wow that’s crazy! The times show *most* shows happening at least once an hour. I know when we were there we saw almost everything happen more than once. I wonder if they had issues or something that day.

Either way, the app will be helpful for the future.

Wow that’s crazy! The times show *most* shows happening at least once an hour. I know when we were there we saw almost everything happen more than once. I wonder if they had issues or something that day.

Either way, the app will be helpful for the future.

Yeah, I don't know what made them think that opening week, they shouldn't be prepared to utilize technology to help the people who were clearly excited for this stuff and spent money to be there for it. Especially if some of them (luckily not me) were waiting 5 hours just to enter a land where they'll be able to do next to nothing or wait in more lines just to shop, eat, or go on a ride that's already a couple years old (Guardians). Displaying show times would have been the very LEAST thing they could do.

Yeah, I don't know what made them think that opening week, they shouldn't be prepared to utilize technology to help the people who were clearly excited for this stuff and spent money to be there for it. Especially if some of them (luckily not me) were waiting 5 hours just to enter a land where they'll be able to do next to nothing or wait in more lines just to shop, eat, or go on a ride that's already a couple years old (Guardians). Displaying show times would have been the very LEAST thing they could do.

That was my thought too. It's hard to tell if they just straight up weren't ready (which is totally possible) or if they were trying to make the land a little more like Galaxy's Edge with the character "experiences" rather than posted times.

That was my thought too. It's hard to tell if they just straight up weren't ready (which is totally possible) or if they were trying to make the land a little more like Galaxy's Edge with the character "experiences" rather than posted times.
I think Disney misunderstood that when people want immersive lands, they want lands that 'look' authentic, but still have all the conveniences you come to expect when visiting a theme park.

Show times were not announced in an effort to reduce crowding and maintain physical distancing. Now that Disneyland’s doing away with COVID safety protocols as of tomorrow, they can share showtimes.

The reason this land has so much entertainment and GE doesn't is because of RotR. That attraction went way over budget and made them cut entertainment in that land. Whereas the Avengers E-Ticket got infinitely delayed, so Avengers Campus has extra money in the budget for equity actors.

IMO the entertainment offered in AC is the kind I dislike. It’s photo ops and impersonation - except the Spidey stunt animatronic…that one does look cool. For me, I would have liked atmospheric entertainment in GE: droids roaming around, aliens shopping in the bazaar, a storm trooper gun fight with resistance fighters…encounters that add to the theming versus character photo ops.

Also, GE can easily shoehorn in meet and greets with other SW characters by building a Temple of the Whills. A historian presents a brief history of the character and they appear via “hologram.”

Well, I'm going tomorrow! Quick question: I don't have to be anywhere near the park to get the 7AM BP for WEB, correct? I can do it from my home?

Yeah you can do it from home, but I would try to be ready to head down pretty quickly depending on your boarding pass number. You have an hour from the time it's up to get on the ride but I know some people have gotten an early slot and then had to rush down to the park to actually make it on in time. Just an FYI!

Correct. Same boarding pass system as Rise.
Yeah you can do it from home, but I would try to be ready to head down pretty quickly depending on your boarding pass number. You have an hour from the time it's up to get on the ride but I know some people have gotten an early slot and then had to rush down to the park to actually make it on in time. Just an FYI!
Thank you for the helpful posts! Was able to join right on the dot! I’m in group 48!