Avengers Campus (DCA) | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers Campus (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
WDW Pro, Magic Insider, who had most of the GESWL advance info down pat, had this to say today about the shut downs of Shanghai & Hong Kong parks effects on the domestic USA Disney parks. "I've just been given confirmation that the Avengers E ticket and Disneyland version of M&MRR have been frozen in place. No work will continue on them until they are greenlit to be restarted. This is directly due to the Conavirus. WDW cutbacks are being determined Tuesday'"....Just sayin. But he has a pretty good Insider info record on WDW Magic.

WDW Pro, Magic Insider, who had most of the GESWL advance info down pat, had this to say today about the shut downs of Shanghai & Hong Kong parks effects on the domestic USA Disney parks. "I've just been given confirmation that the Avengers E ticket and Disneyland version of M&MRR have been frozen in place. No work will continue on them until they are greenlit to be restarted. This is directly due to the Conavirus. WDW cutbacks are being determined Tuesday'"....Just sayin. But he has a pretty good Insider info record on WDW Magic.
Well, if true, it's a good thing that most WDW projects are in their final stages. I can see them delaying future projects or things that haven't broken ground yet (Poppins? Why it hasn't broken ground yet is a bit concerning). I feel bad for Disneyland though, especially since i'm looking forward to the Avengers ride.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Well, if true, it's a good thing that most WDW projects are in their final stages. I can see them delaying future projects or things that haven't broken ground yet (Poppins? Why it hasn't broken ground yet is a bit concerning).
Hopefully it doesn't cut much live entertainment. As you said, Poppins is probably the main thing that may get affected. Though maybe a delay on Spaceship Earth and 50 th Anniversary stuff. This Insider has been pretty much right on concerning his info this past year or so. Thus, this is a bit troubling if true.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, while Disney delays future projects, they will likely raise prices aggressively and keep cutting entertainment while insisting it’s a better value.

I’m pissed at Disney.

We’re can I find this

As long as they don't cut that Avengers themed churro stand...

If I was being cynical I might think that blaming forced budget cuts is just an excuse for a half assed Marvel land and weak Spiderman ride...
but I'm not, so I'll wait and see, and the Spider-Bot stunt man looks impressive.

Well as for MMRR, if true, it definitely won't be cancelled since the area has been flattened. But to offset improvements to your parks due to unforeseen circumstances is LITERALLY the hole Eisner dug himself into with Paris, although that was far more catastrophic than a loss of two months profit.

Reactions: Freak and Mad Dog
Well as for MMRR, if true, it definitely won't be cancelled since the area has been flattened. But to offset improvements to your parks due to unforeseen circumstances is LITERALLY the hole Eisner dug himself into with Paris, although that was far more catastrophic than a loss of two months profit.
And while having the China parks closed hurts, Shanghai is the only real money driver. HKDL being closed practically saves them money with not having to staff an empty park.

I would hope that the second the parks reopen they restart the projects. Runaway Railway sliding to 2023 and Avengers to 2024 is an absolute embarrassment.

Reactions: Freak
A loosely defined phase two of a Disney project is permanently on hold?

giphy.gif

No clue if they have any correlation or not but if they’re holding off an Avengers ride, and a Mickey ride, I’m betting some WDW projects are getting shelves or put on hold as well. I got no inside info on that but just from what I know of future attractions, it’s just feeling like we’re gonna go thru a dry spell stain with Disney coming up. Hope I’m wrong however.

No clue if they have any correlation or not but if they’re holding off an Avengers ride, and a Mickey ride, I’m betting some WDW projects are getting shelves or put on hold as well. I got no inside info on that but just from what I know of future attractions, it’s just feeling like we’re gonna go thru a dry spell stain with Disney coming up. Hope I’m wrong however.
Well nothing is really even being rumored about too much right now for WDW, so yeah, once 2021 passes, i'm thinking we're gonna see a slow down for a bit.

(*just realized this was the Avengers Campus thread*)

Let's trying to keep WDW talk separate from this thread. Take all conversation to this thread: Affects of Chinese Disney Parks Being Shutdown

Last edited:
Reactions: belloq87