Avengers Campus (DCA) | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers Campus (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You know, something Wanda-Vision related might be a neat bridge between Avengers Campus and Hollywoodland. Maybe some kind of temporary exhibit about classic television, utilizing projection mapping to switch between various decades.

EDIT: Maybe use the Sorcerer's Workshop space, idk.
I would be down. Though I wish they used unused spaces first over places people go into

I wonder if there’s a chance they wait on the Avengers ride for whenever the next big Avengers film is, so I could see them re-working it a bit too idk, so many new heroes coming in that I can’t imagine won’t get utilized to some degree. I’m sure most of this is cost reasons rather than what I mentioned, but it’s interesting.

I wonder if there’s a chance they wait on the Avengers ride for whenever the next big Avengers film is, so I could see them re-working it a bit too idk, so many new heroes coming in that I can’t imagine won’t get utilized to some degree. I’m sure most of this is cost reasons rather than what I mentioned, but it’s interesting.
I think they could

I mean any ride would be fine...I think the Classic heros would sell it more but sure Captain Marvel,Antman, and the new hero's coming soon would work as well.

But I think a ride with Ironman/Cap is what many MCU fans would want....then do another ride with the next Avengers

I think they could

I mean any ride would be fine...I think the Classic heros would sell it more but sure Captain Marvel,Antman, and the new hero's coming soon would work as well.

But I think a ride with Ironman/Cap is what many MCU fans would want....then do another ride with the next Avengers
Yeah, it is likely going to be the totally “classic” characters, nothing wrong with it.

I'm guessing once the Avengers project goes forward (if it does)--itll have a mix of classic characters and new ones.

Easy fill ins can be Captain America (with Chris back, there's room), Hawkeye (either Renner or Hailee if they opt with that), Black Widow (either Scarlet or Florence) Hulk, Doctor Strange, and War Machine (I do not see Iron Man involved, due to RDJ).

While the Thanos invasion didn't happen with Avengers Campus, I can see them using this as a place to help shine on the next generation.

If RDJ doesn't want to come back couldn't they always do what they did with Potter and use footage from filming the movies and use him as a supplementary character?

There is zero chance the Avengers ride (if it gets built) does NOT feature Tony Stark's Iron Man as a major component.

Would it actually be RDJ? More probable is a sound-a-like.

Disney would never base a land for one of their biggest franchises on a location never seen in the franchise and base the anchor attraction on the characters from the newest crop of media offerings while ignoring the main classic characters. That would be idiotic.
Disneyhead has now canceled the Avengers project

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog
Someone previously mentioned that RDJ and some other original Avengers weren't roped into theme park contracts as part of their original deal, something that is assuredly a clause in each of the new actors' contracts.

Reactions: alias8703
Someone previously mentioned that RDJ and some other original Avengers weren't roped into theme park contracts as part of their original deal, something that is assuredly a clause in each of the new actors' contracts.
RDJ signed many contracts and extensions with Disney over the years. It's possible they got a theme park clause in one of their renegotiations, although if that wasn't in there at first, it'd be doubtful that RDJ would've given them that clause down the line.

They have so much archival audio of him speaking that they could probably pretty easily put something together for Iron Man to have a limited-speaking role.

I feel like doing a whole E-ticket ride based on comic book characters that will be re-cast over time is a bit risky. Also, I believe Wakanda was rumored to play a big role in this (and in turn, T'Challa). With Chadwick's passing, that complicates more.

Also, I think we have to remember there's probably a pretty good chance Iron Man won't play more than a supporting role in this ride at best. This ride (if it gets built), won't open until 2025 or so the way i'm seeing things, just in time for a Secret Wars/Avengers 5. Who they put in as the "leads" of this ride will probably be a lot based on who they see the future of the MCU is with at that point and time. Then I could see the ride getting a new film sometime down the line once the current iteration is way out of date (talking 15-20 years).

I feel like doing a whole E-ticket ride based on comic book characters that will be re-cast over time is a bit risky. Also, I believe Wakanda was rumored to play a big role in this (and in turn, T'Challa). With Chadwick's passing, that complicates more.

Also, I think we have to remember there's probably a pretty good chance Iron Man won't play more than a supporting role in this ride at best. This ride (if it gets built), won't open until 2025 or so the way i'm seeing things, just in time for a Secret Wars/Avengers 5. Who they put in as the "leads" of this ride will probably be a lot based on who they see the future of the MCU is with at that point and time. Then I could see the ride getting a new film sometime down the line once the current iteration is way out of date (talking 15-20 years).

Are the characters being recast though?

Are the characters being recast though?
RDJ sure as hell isn't going to play Iron Man 20 years from now. Chris Evans won't be Cap forever. Hemsworth won't be Thor forever.

Eventually, rebooting is necessary. We already know Iron Heart is coming into the MCU, so they're moving on from Iron Man for now.