Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

But is Iron Man going to return to the MCU?
If the MCU continues as Disney would like it to (which would probably be forever), eventually it'll happen. IMO, we've reached the end of an era with Endgame and now we're starting the transition, with many characters handing over their mantle to other (young) Avengers.

Kate Bishop, Iron Heart, She-Hulk, Yelena Belova, Falcon, etc. The mantles are already being filled.

If the MCU continues as Disney would like it to (which would probably be forever), eventually it'll happen. IMO, we've reached the end of an era with Endgame and now we're starting the transition, with many characters handing over their mantle to other (young) Avengers.

Kate Bishop, Iron Heart, She-Hulk, Yelena Belova, Falcon, etc. The mantles are already being filled.

I just don't see how it fits into the story, especially if the mantles are being passed on.

And even if they do want to bring back Iron Man, use the old multiverse loophole.

I just don't see how it fits into the story, especially if the mantles are being passed on.

And even if they do want to bring back Iron Man, use the old multiverse loophole.
I don't think the multiverse is going to be a long-lasting thing for the MCU. I think the true primary purpose of it is to explain why the X-Men are there. Plus, I 100% don't want Chris Evans coming back for an extended period of time or RDJ coming back through a loophole. That's how you turn something really good/great into something mediocre/bad.

Tony's arc in the MCU is perfect. He's dead, leave it that way. I hope Chris Evans is only back as a part of the multiverse and once the multiverse is closed and reality is restored, he goes away again.

I don't think the multiverse is going to be a long-lasting thing for the MCU. I think the true primary purpose of it is to explain why the X-Men are there. Plus, I 100% don't want Chris Evans coming back for an extended period of time or RDJ coming back through a loophole. That's how you turn something really good/great into something mediocre/bad.

Tony's arc in the MCU is perfect. He's dead, leave it that way. I hope Chris Evans is only back as a part of the multiverse and once the multiverse is closed and reality is restored, he goes away again.

I wouldn't be opposed a cameo from old man Steve in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. You could probably have a Tony Stark cameo as a flashback but it would feel like a waste. Although I'm half expecting it in Black Widow.

I think we've talked about Secret Wars before and as much as it would be a kind of slap in the face to the legacy of Tony Stark and Steve Rogers, I would be some hyped for it, I don't think I'd care.

I trust that Kevin Feige knows what he's doing and he hasn't made a mistake yet.

Getting back to the Avengers Campus, do Disney aim for where they're heading to make it more relevant and risk making the same mistakes as Galaxy's Edge or do they give the people what they want?

I wouldn't be opposed a cameo from old man Steve in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. You could probably have a Tony Stark cameo as a flashback but it would feel like a waste. Although I'm half expecting it in Black Widow.

I think we've talked about Secret Wars before and as much as it would be a kind of slap in the face to the legacy of Tony Stark and Steve Rogers, I would be some hyped for it, I don't think I'd care.

I trust that Kevin Feige knows what he's doing and he hasn't made a mistake yet.

Getting back to the Avengers Campus, do Disney aim for where they're heading to make it more relevant and risk making the same mistakes as Galaxy's Edge or do they give the people what they want?
The problem is you can’t really give the people what they want (in this particular situation) with a ride that is screen based. The budget for the cast on an Endgame style crew and cast for the ride would be huge.

That means you have to pick a smaller cast as main leads and tbh, an Avengers E-ticket should’ve been developed and built by the mid-2010’s at the latest.

The problem is you can’t really give the people what they want (in this particular situation) with a ride that is screen based. The budget for the cast on an Endgame style crew and cast for the ride would be huge.

That means you have to pick a smaller cast as main leads and tbh, an Avengers E-ticket should’ve been developed and built by the mid-2010’s at the latest.

With most of the heroes being in costume and not showing their face or thing the filming into current productions similar to what mission Breakout did with Guardians 2, you could still have a big roster.

Disney delaying to jump on these projects early is always mind blowing. I think 2010 might have been a bit early but after the success of the original Avengers, they must have known they had a hit.

If RDJ doesn't want to come back couldn't they always do what they did with Potter and use footage from filming the movies and use him as a supplementary character?
Rumors are Chris Evans might be back..and RDJ first film since keaving the MCU flopped...I'll beat a coke he is apart of it.

Now...for sure I can see smaller characters like Falcon, WarMachine and so on also showing up and maybe even have it like Star Tours where its random who the secondary characters are to keep it fresh.

I wouldn't bank RDJ's whole post-MCU career on Dolittle alone. Give him a few years/movies at least lol.

It's kinda crazy that it's taken this long to implement an Avengers ride. Avengers was the highest grossing movie of 2012 and almost 10 years later we still barely have any MCU presence in the parks. Disney's glacial development speed strikes again.

I wouldn't bank RDJ's whole post-MCU career on Dolittle alone. Give him a few years/movies at least lol.

It's kinda crazy that it's taken this long to implement an Avengers ride. Avengers was the highest grossing movie of 2012 and almost 10 years later we still barely have any MCU presence in the parks. Disney's glacial development speed strikes again.
Marvel was a bit of an anomaly just because of how many different versions it went through. DCA’s Marvel land has been stuck in development hell for years, before it was pushed through from above in its current, “good enough” form (this is also the reason that the E was “phase 2”. If things had gone according to the initial plan, we would have had a Marvel attraction open in DCA by 2017.

Are the characters being recast though?
RDJ sure as hell isn't going to play Iron Man 20 years from now. Chris Evans won't be Cap forever. Hemsworth won't be Thor forever.

Eventually, rebooting is necessary. We already know Iron Heart is coming into the MCU, so they're moving on from Iron Man for now.
Isn't it rumored that Natalie Portman will be taking up the Thor mantle in L&T?

Well you have to consider the limitations due to the Uni contract. Whatever they do, they can't use it in Orlando. That alone has probably slowed down any development.

I don't envision Portman-Thor continuing on beyond this next film. She's been pretty frank about not loving franchise commitments at this point in her career, and I think they only got her back for LOVE AND THUNDER because: 1.) Taika's a guy lots of people want to work with, and 2.) She gets a shot to "redeem" an otherwise fairly non-existent character in Jane.

I don't envision Portman-Thor continuing on beyond this next film. She's been pretty frank about not loving franchise commitments at this point in her career, and I think they only got her back for LOVE AND THUNDER because: 1.) Taika's a guy lots of people want to work with, and 2.) She gets a shot to "redeem" an otherwise fairly non-existent character in Jane.
Chris Evans said he was done playing Cap, too. Once Disney flashes you the big money like i'm sure they did with Portman (and Evans), all of that talk goes out the window.

Well you have to consider the limitations due to the Uni contract. Whatever they do, they can't use it in Orlando. That alone has probably slowed down any development.
Eh, I get it for WDW but everyone knew about the Disneyland loophole from the start. MCU attractions is the kind of thing you fast track, that's a Potter-tier property you now have to bolster your smaller original resort. I just feel like this should've been done with a long time ago rather than sitting on it for 8 years.

Eh, I get it for WDW but everyone knew about the Disneyland loophole from the start. MCU attractions is the kind of thing you fast track, that's a Potter-tier property you now have to bolster your smaller original resort. I just feel like this should've been done with a long time ago rather than sitting on it for 8 years.

DL was in the middle of the GE build and budgeting for a good chunk of that time. Doing another major design and build at the same resort at the same time would be hard to do. And since they can't split the R&D costs with Orlando, it would all be on DL. While its easy to look from the outside and say they should have done this years ago, there are financial considerations to be made.