Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

I see the aesthetic is just as cartoony as MSHI, which won’t stop people from complaining Disney could do better with Marvel.
It's not cartoony to me, but it's nothing special either. Although I haven't heard anyone say Disney could do better in quite some time. They're proving to handle the characters quite poorly.

Not sure if it's cartoony, it just comes off as sterile to me. Add in the fact that the Spider-Man ride is set in a warehouse, and I just don't get what they're going for with Marvel.
Yeah, i'm not even sure if Imagineering fully understands what they're doing. It seems pretty clear Chapek put in an initiative to get Marvel in the park quickly with Iger obviously in full support. The problem is, the land is a piece of crap. I've said it many times, but "Marvel" is not a theme and they should've done mini-lands with Wakanda, Asgard, etc.

HUGE swing and a miss here. Just like RotR, The Avengers ride needs to be GREAT. But they haven't even started building that ride yet so yeah...

Another land with it's signature attraction (Avengers) not opening when the land debuts. New trend?;):lol:

Yes, why ruin the attendance at just one park, when you can make the same stupid move and ruin it at 2! ;)

This feels like a return to the bland warehouses of DCA v1 or Disney Studios Paris - that thing they have spent years and billions trying to get rid of! :thud:

I'm just not excited for this like, at all. It doesn't feel like they've invested in the brand as much as the actual fans would. It feels super generic, uncreative, and just shoved in there. If I'm going to a Disney theme park, I want to be placed into another world. I don't want to go there feeling like I'm trying to register for English 101 and buy overpriced textbooks. At least if Universal were helming this, they would at least try to use the "campus" as a central hub for other lands (Knowhere, Wakanda, New York, etc.).

What's pathetic is that I'm sure they will have learned nothing from the GE debacle and still raise the prices more and insist that this new land will be worth a $300 one day park hopper. Amazing that Universal can make a better Marvel "land" from the late 90's better than Disney ever could.

The word "campus" triggers a sense of "learning," and that's the last thing you want to do when visiting a theme park. You want to have FUN, first and foremost. Who wants to be reminded of how bad they did on their midterms?

I mean: EPCOT.
Yeah, and look what they're doing to it. IP everywhere. I'll agree that during the park's first 10 years or so, the learning aspect worked great.

Also, EPCOT Center or just Epcot as a name is much cooler than this thing.

This lands going to have a weird aesthetic. I have no idea how Mission Breakout is supposed to blend with all of the other modern buildings

This lands going to have a weird aesthetic. I have no idea how Mission Breakout is supposed to blend with all of the other modern buildings
MB is sorta off to the side as if it’s not even a part of the land. It’ll just be it’s own little section... or it could be an entire Cosmic sub-land someday should they add a Captain Marvel or Eternals attraction.

From a Disney point of view looks like an awful lot to do before opening next Spring (?)

Just a shop, restaurant, and outdoor themed area to do.

They also only need to do the a
Avengers facade, and can finish inside after land opens/when they start the ride.