Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

After the Avengers ride, is there absolutely no room in DCA for further development, without replacing?

Without replacing any rides, there is. There is backstage space behind IncrediCoaster. There is also the bus plaza route that was originally supposed to be replaced. Then there’s Monsters Inc.

Yup, the Backlot area is a prime spot for a future expansion and I would assume when Disney gets..more stable, and once Avengers Campus finishes; that it would be the next area.

Plus the soundstages and food court in Hollywood

It's weird to me we don't talk more about how underutilized Hollywoodland is. Even if you don't scrap the bus loop (which was the plan at one point, and would allow even more land!), you've still got two decently sized plots to fit smaller scale dark rides. More if you kill Monsters Inc. or the Sunset Theater.

It's weird to me we don't talk more about how underutilized Hollywoodland is. Even if you don't scrap the bus loop (which was the plan at one point, and would allow even more land!), you've still got two decently sized plots to fit smaller scale dark rides. More if you kill Monsters Inc. or the Sunset Theater.
Does that include Art of Animation? If they expand the footprint of the building into Disney Junior Dance Party, there would be a pretty nice ride footprint.

I know this thread has been quiet given the circumstances, but Disneyland released photos of their food and merch offerings for the Avengers Campus.

Avengers Campus Food, Drink & Merchandise at Disney California Adventure - TouringPlans.com Blog

I'm surprised about how heavy the imagery is going towards WEB rather than the Avengers themselves. The designs feel a bit uninspired beyond the 90s or lab aesthetics. Hopefully more will be rolled out as the new section is opened whenever.

The Not So Little Chicken Sandwich just sets me off every time I see it. Just call it the Value Engineered Chicken Sandwich.

I know this thread has been quiet given the circumstances, but Disneyland released photos of their food and merch offerings for the Avengers Campus.

Avengers Campus Food, Drink & Merchandise at Disney California Adventure - TouringPlans.com Blog

I'm surprised about how heavy the imagery is going towards WEB rather than the Avengers themselves. The designs feel a bit uninspired beyond the 90s or lab aesthetics. Hopefully more will be rolled out as the new section is opened whenever.

What. The. Hell. Is that chicken sandwich?!

After the Avengers ride, is there absolutely no room in DCA for further development, without replacing?
As people said back stage area's I remember like ten years ago the rumors the rumors of a Woody ride behind Scream that became TS Mania but they never used that place and put it under Screamin.
We have tons of room in Hollywood from the Muppets old Theater/Who wants to be a millionaire, to Flynns arcade....along with yes some rides/attractions I think could go and not many would care The Goofy Skyschool area, Redwood Creek Trails and Monsters Inc to name a few.

Received casting notifications today for stunt performer roles - Black Panther and Captain America. Makes me think they’re planning on opening in the next few months.

Very interesting, I guess the show makes sense because its one of the only ones you can do..but wonder how you will fit many people trying to watch it from the land. Unless the land is going to have a FP to get in like Galaxy Edge did and only so many allowed in per time windows

I can't imagine the show isn't much more than a "Avengers, Assemble!" type bit and Avengers from all over the area fly in and around (maybe some of the flying AA's we've seen) and all run over to the Quinjet, board, and some fireworks or smoke effects happen. Idk, I bet that happens like 5-6 times a day. Can't imagine a full show around the land although that'd be dope, and even something along these lines sounds interesting to me.

I can't imagine the show isn't much more than a "Avengers, Assemble!" type bit and Avengers from all over the area fly in and around (maybe some of the flying AA's we've seen) and all run over to the Quinjet, board, and some fireworks or smoke effects happen. Idk, I bet that happens like 5-6 times a day. Can't imagine a full show around the land although that'd be dope, and even something along these lines sounds interesting to me.
Sure but even if its a small show...escailly the first couple of months people are going to crowd and try to get videos (as if they are the first to film the show and there isn't a 4K version out there that destroys whatever you film) Point is people crowded right now is not a good idea

They actually announced that the planned show involved Black Widow, Captain America, and Black Panther fighting Taskmaster in a series of stunts. Unclear why Widow has been excluded from the casting notice.

Sure but even if its a small show...escailly the first couple of months people are going to crowd and try to get videos (as if they are the first to film the show and there isn't a 4K version out there that destroys whatever you film) Point is people crowded right now is not a good idea
Well of course not, but the park isn't even open so this is all a hypothetical anyways.

They actually announced that the planned show involved Black Widow, Captain America, and Black Panther fighting Taskmaster in a series of stunts. Unclear why Widow has been excluded from the casting notice.
Now that you mention it, I guess I do recall reading this at some point. I wonder if BW isn't mentioned because her and Taskmaster are in a film that they don't know when they'll be releasing? Thats my only thought, and may not include them until the film is coming out at a cross promotion, then keep them permanent.