Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA) | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They should just give us "Steve Rogers: The Musical" in the Hyperion & call it a day.

It's close enough to be part of Marvel's Sleepaway Campus
Rogers: The Musical has one song and no plot :lol:

I know this is going off topic, but to respond quickly to what you're saying, i'd like to see Encanto come in whenever a show comes back to that theater. The movie itself is made to almost be directly adapted to the stage already. Frozen was fine, but I feel like the moment for that franchise and it's music has sort of passed in favor of newer Disney musicals.

Rogers: The Musical has one song and no plot :lol:
Sooo a typical US Disney parks show with a budget of $5 & a box of confetti (which must be collected after each performance).

Besides its Marvel.. if Lego SpiderNinjago The Ride can be pointless nanospiders, then we can get a plotless Marvel show :tease:

Sooo a typical US Disney parks show with a budget of $5 & a box of confetti (which must be collected after each performance).

Besides its Marvel.. if Lego SpiderNinjago The Ride can be pointless nanospiders, then we can get a plotless Marvel show :tease:
Guys the only overseas park that really compares to the domestic parks is Tokyo. Literally all of them were neglected until recently.

All I’ve seen is jealousy and crying since they announced some much needed expansions to them. Of course that’s not to say I don’t want more investment here is but I’m just looking at the situation in the full context.

You say neglected, but I say didn't need to invest as much due to their parks already being better. The merch alone is better.

Also that Beauty & the Beast ride is top tier.

You say neglected, but I say didn't need to invest as much due to their parks already being better. The merch alone is better.

Also that Beauty & the Beast ride is top tier.
We are going to have agree to disagree on this topic. I agree BATB does seem like a well done trackless ride. It’s a good thing that each Disney park offers different things.

Guys the only overseas park that really compares to the domestic parks is Tokyo. Literally all of them were neglected until recently.

All I’ve seen is jealousy and crying since they announced some much needed expansions to them. Of course that’s not to say I don’t want more investment here is but I’m just looking at the situation in the full context.

What about Disneyland Paris?

This thread has turned into a clown show. Either talk about the Avengers ride or take conversation about other resorts to their proper threads.

Tokyo:

Hong Kong:

Paris:

Shanghai:

Visited Avengers Campus today, and walked past GotG at 5 pm, when it's switched over to Monsters After Dark, and the line stretched all the way past Pym's, running into a Captain America meet and greet.

Meanwhile, Spiderman was at 30 minutes.

What effect would the new e ticket have on the land? Monsters After Dark will still be super popular in 5 years; it's a fun seasonal overlay. Another popular e ticket would only crowd this area even more, right? Unless they build a very, elaborate indoor queue, which would take quite a bit of space.

Fresh Baked measured the available space at around 2.5 acres, which is much less than RotR. I'm starting to be convinced that this ride will significantly use vertical space. Perhaps, the finale of RotR will be at the beginning here: the ride vehicle is a drop ship, being carried by the Quin jet into the fight, which is where the trackless portion is. The queue could also be on 2 levels, with a "stretching room" pre show that takes us to the hangar where we eventually load.

Sorry for the disjointed post, but I had a lot of thoughts.

What effect would the new e ticket have on the land? Monsters After Dark will still be super popular in 5 years; it's a fun seasonal overlay. Another popular e ticket would only crowd this area even more, right? Unless they build a very, elaborate indoor queue, which would take quite a bit of space.

I think the answer to that is a resounding "It depends" and the time horizon you're discussing. It's a decent case study to look at Web Slingers vs. Rise of the Resistance and their reception. Rise of the Resistance has maintained serious demand (even when accounting for being in the more popular park) while Web Slingers has not. Even Toy Story Mania isn't lagging too far behind Web Slingers in terms of wait time this year, which is kind of damning. I think what Disney chooses to put into this spot and the re-rideability is going to impact crowds and how long before they drop off. Given the limited queue space, I would expect them to gate the entire land with a queue initially to prevent saturation. If the ride is good, the virtual queue lasts for months. If it's bad, it's gone quickly.

I think the answer to that is a resounding "It depends" and the time horizon you're discussing. It's a decent case study to look at Web Slingers vs. Rise of the Resistance and their reception. Rise of the Resistance has maintained serious demand (even when accounting for being in the more popular park) while Web Slingers has not. Even Toy Story Mania isn't lagging too far behind Web Slingers in terms of wait time this year, which is kind of damning. I think what Disney chooses to put into this spot and the re-rideability is going to impact crowds and how long before they drop off. Given the limited queue space, I would expect them to gate the entire land with a queue initially to prevent saturation. If the ride is good, the virtual queue lasts for months. If it's bad, it's gone quickly.
RotR and Web Slingers are terrible comparisons for each other.

Now of course, by the time the Multiverse E-ticket actually opens for AC, it would be a great time to do something to fix the storyline for WEB Slingers. I do enjoy Web Slingers, but I realize it could be better. I just don't see what really can be done though. I guess the story could be changed around to add actual villains, but I don't have much hope for something like that happening.

The RotR for Avengers Campus has yet to be built (the Avengers E-Ticket needs to be on the level of Rise or around there). Web Slingers is best compared to Smugglers Run, which hasn't necessarily held up great itself in terms of wait times out there. I was out at DLR two weeks ago now for Labor Day weekend and the wait for SR hovered around 30-50, which was about the same as Web Slingers held to my whole trip. I actually have a picture with absolutely no one standing in front of the Falcon on a Saturday afternoon. The rest of the park was packed.
c0Ii83S.jpg

Now it would be a great time to do something to fix the storyline for WEB Slingers could be changed around to add actual villains, but I don't have much hope for something like that happening.
You've already got the superior Spidey ride at IOA... just go ride that. Disney of today would never give us something that timeless.

Reactions: Freak
All I want out of this ride, is a Thanos AA. Hopefully the ride system is able to produce movements similar to Indiana Jones or Spider-Man/Transformers to really make you feel a part of whatever battle will be taking place.

All I want out of this ride, is a Thanos AA. Hopefully the ride system is able to produce movements similar to Indiana Jones or Spider-Man/Transformers to really make you feel a part of whatever battle will be taking place.

Will you settle for a cgi Thanos? lol

After riding Cosmic Rewind, I still think that the Omni-coaster would’ve been the best option for this plot of land. It’s kind of a shame that’s not what they’re going for here, because Cosmic Rewind was crazy fun. Something like this but themed to the Avengers or Iron Man would’ve been a perfect highly themed family coaster which is what DCA needs badly.

Again, I still can’t get myself excited for this know that this is going to be years away and will be 90% screens if not a straight-up simulator ride.

Reactions: UPSguy
RotR and Web Slingers are terrible comparisons for each other.

Now of course, by the time the Multiverse E-ticket actually opens for AC, it would be a great time to do something to fix the storyline for WEB Slingers. I do enjoy Web Slingers, but I realize it could be better. I just don't see what really can be done though. I guess the story could be changed around to add actual villains, but I don't have much hope for something like that happening.

The RotR for Avengers Campus has yet to be built (the Avengers E-Ticket needs to be on the level of Rise or around there). Web Slingers is best compared to Smugglers Run, which hasn't necessarily held up great itself in terms of wait times out there. I was out at DLR two weeks ago now for Labor Day weekend and the wait for SR hovered around 30-50, which was about the same as Web Slingers held to my whole trip. I actually have a picture with absolutely no one standing in front of the Falcon on a Saturday afternoon. The rest of the park was packed.
c0Ii83S.jpg

Thanks for adding some common sense.

Comparing Web Slingers to RotR is just silly. It’s like comparing Indiana Jones to Buzz Lightyear or Alice.

Web Slingers has a place at DCA, but is not an E-Ticket and not meant to be.

Now Disney splitting these projects into phases and not giving new lands a big new ride right away is another topic…

Thanks for adding some common sense.

Comparing Web Slingers to RotR is just silly. It’s like comparing Indiana Jones to Buzz Lightyear or Alice.

Web Slingers has a place at DCA, but is not an E-Ticket and not meant to be.

Now Disney splitting these projects into phases and not giving new lands a big new ride right away is another topic…
Then why does it cost as much to use Lightening lane as ROTS?

We can talk all day about it but Disney thinks these two rides should be the same value. At least Racers is a true E ticket, so it cost 15-24 bucks for a LL makes sense but that's also what Webslingers cost