Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA)

Over on Magic, Martin has reported that the most current proposal for the Avengers ride is just a clone of Flight of Passage.

If (big if) true:

(That said, it could be argued that EU is going to have ride systems similar to FJ, MIB, SLOP, VC, and Hagrid's.)

Last edited:
FoP hits way different than Soarin' IMO

Part of it is the actual ride film being good

But also the sensations are quite thrilling
Oof. Man I do not agree. FoP is a snoozefest
Highest satisfaction scores of any ride at any Disney park on the planet.

But yeah, it’s crap.
Race Through New York has insane satisfaction scores too but something tells me none of y’all would be jumping up and down for joy if EU was gonna reuse that ride system

Race Through New York has insane satisfaction scores too but something tells me none of y’all would be jumping up and down for joy if EU was gonna reuse that ride system

I do think if an LotR land were to happen, FoP might be the best ride system to encapsulate as much of what people love about the property as possible--fly on an eagle's back throughout Middle Earth and see the different landmarks and monsters in the series (maybe be attacked by a Nazgul on a Felbeast). I have a much higher opinion of Pandora than you do--like most people I think it's a great area--but I would've preferred The Shire in that spot. Return of the King is my favorite movie, Fellowship is definitely in my top 10 and Towers is probably just outside.

Literally, there’s the E-ticket range, and then FoP is in its own separate level.

Fallon is not there.

That said, that ride system has been shot down for that plot south of Tower in the past.

Literally, there’s the E-ticket range, and then FoP is in its own separate level.

Fallon is not there.
That’s not the point I’m making. Just because something gets great guest reviews doesn’t mean people have to be excited it’s getting cloned. Especially when it’s another clone for a land based on the biggest media franchise ever. It’s disappointingly uncreative from a company I expect to wow

FoP hits way different than Soarin' IMO

Part of it is the actual ride film being good

But also the sensations are quite thrilling

FoP hits the same way Soarin' does. It's about taking in the scenery/visuals with some really nice music, there might be a lil thrilling moment or two, but it's more of a relaxing journey. That's the bread and butter of Soarin', and FoP goes the exact same route. It may have a more advanced RV that can do a little more, but the focus is the same.

Not quite...*points down to spoiler*

Gonna' keep it in spoilers just in case but...

From the sounds of it, the original idea was a transformative RV/motion simulator of sorts. Like everyone starts seated together in the Quinjet, and then the seats drop out and split apart into smaller pods/individual jet packs of sorts. Super ambitious and would've turned heads for sure, kinda' reminds me of that one advertisement which had people riding a futuristic coaster which went from sitdown and dropped into inverted.

But alas, that may have just been a rumor or the one that got put back to the drawing board due to capacity concerns.
I know there was an E-ticket that they were having trouble figuring out how it the logistics of how it would work. As of late it seems they just abandoned it altogether from everything i've gathered in the past few months from insiders and while they may have been talking about a different ride at the last D23 or whenever that was, every time i've hear the original pitch since it has always sounded like something that could use the FoP system if they dumbed it down.

That’s not the point I’m making. Just because something gets great guest reviews doesn’t mean people have to be excited it’s getting cloned. Especially when it’s another clone for a land based on the biggest media franchise ever. It’s disappointingly uncreative from a company I expect to wow
If you had convinced yourself that Disney is going to create a ride system that allows you to fly around on your own personal jet pack like the concept art, I don’t know what to tell you.

Highest satisfaction scores of any ride at any Disney park on the planet.

But yeah, it’s crap.

Hell. Yes. Lets build it everywhere. Every new ride should use it. Why should Disney invest in any other ride systems if they have one that gets the "highest satisfaction scores of any ride at any Disney park on the planet"?

Based on the concept art that has been released for the Avengers ride, I expected something like the abandoned ride idea for the old Space pavilion at Epcot...
9137715fb557f89c966ece306cdb8096.jpg

And I would add, my resistance to cloning Flight of Passage's ride system isn't because I don't like that ride. I do (I think it's probably the best pure simulator out there, which -- if anyone is aware of my general stance on simulators -- means it does its job very well). And I think it complements Animal Kingdom's attraction lineup nicely.

My issue is that cloning pure simulators in parks that already have simulators/simulator-adjacent rides is lazy, especially for a property that is currently the most popular franchise on the planet.

Not quite...*points down to spoiler*

Gonna' keep it in spoilers just in case but...

From the sounds of it, the original idea was a transformative RV/motion simulator of sorts. Like everyone starts seated together in the Quinjet, and then the seats drop out and split apart into smaller pods/individual jet packs of sorts. Super ambitious and would've turned heads for sure, kinda' reminds me of that one advertisement which had people riding a futuristic coaster which went from sitdown and dropped into inverted.

But alas, that may have just been a rumor or the one that got put back to the drawing board due to capacity concerns.
I need to look back and dig this up, but I could've sworn I read Marini said that this was going to be a mix of Falcon, Star Tours, and FoP. We all thought it was going to be a roller coaster or dark ride, but I guess it was going to be neither of those things. Just reading what you have said leads me to what this is what they might be going for (I'll put spoiler tags just in case as well):

Just like you mentioned, you would be seated in the quinjet and then drop out. Going off of what Marini said shortly after it was announced, I think what they were planning is have each "Quinjet" be on a rotating carousel ala Falcon for capacity. There probably would've been an animatronic of Black Panther "piloting" the Quinjet up above. Something would happen, maybe a missile would crash through the Quinjet like StormChaser at TDL and we would have to evacuate. Now here is where the FoP part would kick in:

Like you mentioned, the seats would drop out, perhaps get spaced out to make a more intimate experience, but they would probably do so quickly to add thrill, and they would drop in a reverse manner of Soarin'. In other words, like how the gliders in Soarin' move above each other with the furthest back going the highest, it would be in reverse order; the front row would drop below the first row. Add in a blast of fog to help cover the transition and now it's FoP. We have our own "dome" on the carousel.

Now here's the kicker: it wouldn't make much sense story-wise to have us back on the jets if "something goes wrong" in there. We would probably have to rotate into a different chamber to exit. Maybe it would be next to the Quinjet we got "blasted" out of. IDK. That would probably be a hassle dealing with the guests' belongings.

But yeah, that would explain why the show building looked REALLY tall in the concept art. Gotta make room for the "Quinjets" towards the ceiling and the big screens beneath.
Disney has said at the announcement that it would be a ride system "never used in any Disney park before". What I described would definitely be a new ride system for Disney even if they are re-inventing the wheel here. I'd be a little disappointed that it would still be a glorified simulator, but at least there would be just enough thrill factor and practical effects to make it impressive. Actually, that would be a pretty good ride!

There is also the strong possibility Chapek said "Ooof" at the concept knowing it would cost mucho dinero and demanded it be a simple copy and paste of FoP. I really hope they go for something along the lines of what I just described.