Aventura Hotel | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Aventura Hotel

JoeCamel

Premium Member
May 20, 2015
Upper Lower
I’m not someone who would go to Volcano Bay, so does this hotel not make sense for me? Price isn’t awful, like at all, I figured I can use the water taxi for Sapphire if allowed, good views and bar at hotel, it seems kinda nice and lowkey? I wouldn’t mind a lowkey place to return to after a long day at the parks.
I've never been to VB but I have stayed at Aventura and volcano view at CBBR. You are not missing out if you don't go unless you like waterparks then I hear it is a good one.

shiekra38

Legendary Member
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
I’m not someone who would go to Volcano Bay, so does this hotel not make sense for me? Price isn’t awful, like at all, I figured I can use the water taxi for Sapphire if allowed, good views and bar at hotel, it seems kinda nice and lowkey? I wouldn’t mind a lowkey place to return to after a long day at the parks.
VB isn't really a factor with this one

Personally what I enjoy about this hotel is:
1) The views all around
2) The closeness to Sapphire allows you to enjoy the water taxi, Amatista, and Strong Water
3) If you don't want to walk the Urban Food Pantry is a good idea
4) Bar 17 is amazing and underrated

Cons:
1) Stylistically it is simple and lacks some of the elements of the others (i.e. the vintage vibe of Cabanna)
2) The pool is really just there to check a box and nothing special
3) This doesn't have the same vacation-y vibe as the other hotels

It really comes down to what your preferences are.

I file Aventura under the "Horror Nights hotel"...I feel like that's what it's ultimately meant for

Cup_Of_Coffee

Veteran Member
Aug 7, 2018
VB isn't really a factor with this one

Personally what I enjoy about this hotel is:
1) The views all around
2) The closeness to Sapphire allows you to enjoy the water taxi, Amatista, and Strong Water
3) If you don't want to walk the Urban Food Pantry is a good idea
4) Bar 17 is amazing and underrated

Cons:
1) Stylistically it is simple and lacks some of the elements of the others (i.e. the vintage vibe of Cabanna)
2) The pool is really just there to check a box and nothing special
3) This doesn't have the same vacation-y vibe as the other hotels

It really comes down to what your preferences are.

I file Aventura under the "Horror Nights hotel"...I feel like that's what it's ultimately meant for
Yeah these all seem to be the consensus. I’d need to see exactly how much cheaper it is on a week long trip, as I assume my next visit will be for at least that length. The water taxi essentially being part of the hotel is really a nice plus for me.

With the pool being more “meh” per say, is it typically less busy? That would be a draw.

Reactions: shiekra38

JoeCamel

Premium Member
May 20, 2015
Upper Lower
Yeah these all seem to be the consensus. I’d need to see exactly how much cheaper it is on a week long trip, as I assume my next visit will be for at least that length. The water taxi essentially being part of the hotel is really a nice plus for me.

With the pool being more “meh” per say, is it typically less busy? That would be a draw.
The pool is very small for this place and in a concrete well pretty much, go to Sapphire or CBBR if you want a pool day

Captain Tragedy

V.I.P.
Premium Member
Oct 14, 2011
New Donk City
I also use the Sapphire taxi when I'm at CBBR, and I take the 'forbidden' shortcut by crossing the street you're not supposed to cross. :lol:
AFDC628B-1BE6-41D6-9145-E7B1DB785E79.jpeg
I’m booked for this weekend for aventura as well. Still not sure if I’m even going to try to attempt hhn on Friday. I set up for a trade show at the convention center during the day and will hopefully be done early enough to check in and head over before gates close to daytime guests. Anyway, def gonna use the sapphire boat taxi from here.

Joe

aka TestTrack321
Staff member
Feb 15, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
View attachment 15231
I’m booked for this weekend for aventura as well. Still not sure if I’m even going to try to attempt hhn on Friday. I set up for a trade show at the convention center during the day and will hopefully be done early enough to check in and head over before gates close to daytime guests. Anyway, def gonna use the sapphire boat taxi from here.
YOU HAVE EXPRESS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Haha
Reactions: Captain Tragedy

Frank Drackman

Premium Member
Dec 20, 2012
Mouse Mountain
do they still let you pool hop? Aventura is an easy walk to VB so I would think walking in swim wear to CBBR's pool would not be so bad.

My wife and I did not care for this hotel, more we are use to something different on our UoR trips. Now our daughter, on the other hand, found this place to be her favorite. I think she just really likes using an iPAD to control everything as well as stream youTUBE.

Nothing wrong with this hotel when we stayed -- the only thing that did not work well (and we were there shortly after opening) was that the bus would pick up at CBBR before stopping at Aventura and for HHN, the busses stopped but they had no room to let anyone on -- I like the walk, but the boats were certainly more efficient .

JoeCamel

Premium Member
May 20, 2015
Upper Lower
do they still let you pool hop? Aventura is an easy walk to VB so I would think walking in swim wear to CBBR's pool would not be so bad.

My wife and I did not care for this hotel, more we are use to something different on our UoR trips. Now our daughter, on the other hand, found this place to be her favorite. I think she just really likes using an iPAD to control everything as well as stream youTUBE.

Nothing wrong with this hotel when we stayed -- the only thing that did not work well (and we were there shortly after opening) was that the bus would pick up at CBBR before stopping at Aventura and for HHN, the busses stopped but they had no room to let anyone on -- I like the walk, but the boats were certainly more efficient .
Yes, you can pool hop. I've seen many running around in just wet swimwear but with pool towels you can get pretty dry before you cross.

The bus is changed (at least when I was there last) so they put on dedicated busses so people don't stack up. In the off hours they do the double route.
We must have been there about the same time, I remember the bus problem back then.

Frank Drackman

Premium Member
Dec 20, 2012
Mouse Mountain
Yes, you can pool hop. I've seen many running around in just wet swimwear but with pool towels you can get pretty dry before you cross.

The bus is changed (at least when I was there last) so they put on dedicated busses so people don't stack up. In the off hours they do the double route.
We must have been there about the same time, I remember the bus problem back then.
we were there at the same time. I was trying to get you to go to the night they added, ended up being the slowest HHN night I had ever experienced, I mean express was a waste of time at all the houses (save for when you safe some walking).

Might have been the first time they tried a TUES or something, I recall it being a late add or something, but we were at the same hotel, just kept missing each other!

Reactions: JoeCamel

JoeCamel

Premium Member
May 20, 2015
Upper Lower
we were there at the same time. I was trying to get you to go to the night they added, ended up being the slowest HHN night I had ever experienced, I mean express was a waste of time at all the houses (save for when you safe some walking).

Might have been the first time they tried a TUES or something, I recall it being a late add or something, but we were at the same hotel, just kept missing each other!
Yeah, I should have made more effort. Maybe somewhere in the cosmos I will get to meet the person behind the amazing pictures

shiekra38

Legendary Member
Dec 13, 2009
Florida

"Let" is a strong word...I don't think they really care...It's ridiculously easy to do if they don't allow it haha

Reactions: Frank Drackman

JunoSynth

Sep 26, 2013
Morrison, CO
So if you can Pool hop then can you Workout Room hop? I reallly like one at CBBR (Love it's theme and charm) and would be willing to walk there to workout instead. I forgot if they require keys or not.

Frank Drackman

Premium Member
Dec 20, 2012
Mouse Mountain
Yeah, I should have made more effort. Maybe somewhere in the cosmos I will get to meet the person behind the amazing pictures
Thanks! Amazing is a strong word, I mainly post stuff here for I recall enjoying seeing pics here when I couldn't visit. I was always w/ the family so I am sure it was mostly my fault, I recall one day we seemed to keep missing each other at IoA.

I knew it would happen, but now that I live here, I seem to visit the parks far less than I did at one time. I guess we have cut back over the last three years (maybe the pandemic and the summer heat plays into that)

shiekra38

Legendary Member
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
So if you can Pool hop then can you Workout Room hop? I reallly like one at CBBR (Love it's theme and charm) and would be willing to walk there to workout instead. I forgot if they require keys or not.
I have no idea, I just run and you can do that anywhere lol