Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Back to the Future: The Ride

Allen The Actor

Allen The Actor
Jan 10, 2013
Hill Valley, California
Let's discuss our love for "the greatest ride of all time"! Post any cherished pics, memories, videos, or stories you have of this Universal classic. I have so many!

I'll post more, but in a nutshell, when i went on the ride for the first time when i was very little, that same day i caught BTTF on TV and it further fueled my love for the trilogy, in part thanks to the ride! It was always my favorite, i literally felt like i was in the environment, flying around, and being at the institute!

For a ride that had zero CGI, it was fantastic!For myself, Simpsons got old very fast (and not just cuz i was mad BTTF left), but the comedy in the ride got old fast, and i don't believe I'm in an animated world.

Also, i feel proud to this day to have been on the last FINAL flight of the ride with our bttf.com group after it was already closed to the general guests! More videos and pics to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
COOL! I wish i was there for the LAST Day of operation. But i heard it was an emotional day.

I have some photos of the attraction that I'll try to dig it.

Boy, it was many years ago since that ride closed - and people are still talking about it.

Not THAT many years. Disney fans talk about their favorite closed rides from decades ago.

My family still talks about the ET ride to this day. From the immersive queue with that forest smell, to the whole ride, THAT was an amazing family ride. Was one of my grandma's favorite rides from any park

Ahh Yes!! E.T and BTTF are my  Favorite universal classic rides of all time!  :(  I will always remember that Tragic day when i went to USH for last day of BTTF and getting off the ride,exitting the building.... I've Started crying  alot.  i really hope that rumor of BTTF coming back  is TRUE!             * Crosses Figures *

Last edited by a moderator:
No way would Universal ever bring it back unless there was another BTTF movie, which won't happen considering Bob Gale and Robert Zemeckis both said it won't happen.

Personally, if Simpsons ever closes, i see either a completely new ride and new ride system, or if a future Fast and Furious movie is profitable to the extreme, i see it replacing Simpsons. Or if Universal acquires Dc Comics from Six Flags, maybe a Batman retheme...not sure.

I'd love to see a physiological attraction that deals with Batman. Too bad the franchise has gone to Six Flags, which hasn't done anything groundbreaking.

I actually have a video of Singapore's queue that I'll try to get up in the next year (LOL!) or so.

Stay tuned! It's actually pretty amazing. Like Florida, but without the odd studio/actual tomb theming they have going on.

There is no studio theming in Singapore. It's very much like Islands of Adventure, unless you meant to ask me something different.

No, not what i meant haha. You've said before that you like how USH has that "soundstage/studio" feel, even in the rides, so i was wondering if you'd prefer the Singapore "Egypt" or Florida "movie set" version of the ride here?

Oh no, I very much prefer Singapore's theming of Mummy. There's no disjointed duality that Florida has going on. I've never gotten Orlando, and I still don't get it even today.

Just doesn't make sense.