Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Backdraft

I think our park needs at least one show similar to Backdraft or Twister - one that simulates something shown in the movies to make you feel like you're actually part of a production.

^I agree! I would love to have the one from Singapore. I think it's called Lights! Camera! Action!??? I say take out special effects stage and put this in.

I think Jon saw it while in Singapore, maybe he can tell us his take on it and how the audience liked it.

While I'd love for an actual ride to replace Special Effects Stage, something like Lights Camera Action would be a cool replacement! Although it'd be lacking audience interaction, so it they can incorporate a bit of Special Effects Stage's audience interaction aspect into the preshow, kinda like Disaster's preshow is in Florida, I think it'd be a hit!

^diddo that. USH needs more audience participation stuff. They really abandoned that in the mid 90's. (exception being special effects stage)

My friend who had seen the Special Effects Stage back when it was in the Lower Lot went with me to USH a couple months ago, and after we saw the Special Effects show that we currently have, she was telling me how disappointed she was because of the lack of creative interactivity compared to the old show.

Yeah, and it's not just that the old show was intimate, I think they had funnier jokes and gags and there was more for the audience, adults AND kids, to do. The astronaut bit always pisses me off cuz after one time, it's not funny anymore.

Disney has interactive shows for the kids. Universal was always good at interactivity for adults.

I think Jon saw it while in Singapore, maybe he can tell us his take on it and how the audience liked it.
It wasn't an interactive show, but I do think the audiences liked the entire experience. I don't think it was particularly amazing, but think of it as a good blend of Backdraft and Twister - without the needless three-room format.

I'd love to have it in Hollywood just so we can boost up our attraction count.

My Dad worked on and hosted most of the shows at USH from the 70's to early 90's. He also wrote the per show stuff for ET the ride. (Sorry had to brag about my Dad)

It wasn't an interactive show, but I do think the audiences liked the entire experience. I don't think it was particularly amazing, but think of it as a good blend of Backdraft and Twister - without the needless three-room format.

I'd love to have it in Hollywood just so we can boost up our attraction count.
Do you think USH would be able to fit something like that inside the Castle Theatre? I agree that it would be a cool thing to have an increase our attraction count. It's very "Hollywood" if that makes sense. Do you think if we do get that attraction that the park would be missing the audience interactivity aspect? SES is leaving eventually anyways, so Animal Actors or it's replacement show will be the only audience participation show left. I'm not gonna count Ollivanders

Do you think USH would be able to fit something like that inside the Castle Theatre? I agree that it would be a cool thing to have an increase our attraction count. It's very "Hollywood" if that makes sense. Do you think if we do get that attraction that the park would be missing the audience interactivity aspect? SES is leaving eventually anyways, so Animal Actors or it's replacement show will be the only audience participation show left. I'm not gonna count Ollivanders
I don't think Special Effects and Hollywood Lights are comparable. If anything, this feels like something that should be on the Lower Lot away from the traditional shows.

And yes, we would lose a level of interactivity if we switch Special with Lights. That being said, Lights definitely seemed like it had a tall footprint. I'm not sure if Castle would be large enough or tall enough to accommodate something similar. Perhaps someone could do a Google Maps to see how big the actual building is in Singapore.

I mean, if anything, it can always be a similar experience, doesn't have to be a clone. It'd be even cooler if we got a 100% unique new experience in there specific to only USH :)
I would love something with Ron Howard or Steven Spielberg again. Hollywood has access to these heavyweights - why not use them?

I agree. But noooo, we got Jimmy Fallon. I think he's so bland and i dont think hes funny. He's talented and nice I guess but I personally think he's extremely bland.

I think it'd be cool to have Lights Camera Action here in USH and have Spielberg host again but have him be a virtual host through the "holographic" Musion technology that's used in Florida.

That technology in Disaster! is pretty darn cool. It's also really cool because there's an actual team member/actor up there interacting with the hologram to make him seem a bit more real.