Backlot Tour to close September 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Backlot Tour to close September 27

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 15, 2012
NYC
According to WDWNT, it's closing next week:

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2014/09/confirmed-studio-backlot-tour-closes-september-27th-2014/

EDIT: Orlando Theme Park News has the internal announcement:

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/09/studios-backlot-tour-officially-closing.html

"Exciting new development work is happening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. In order to make way for the new experiences, the last day of operation for the Studio Backlot Tour will be Sept. 27.

A portion of the Studio Backlot Tour will be used to extend the magic of “Frozen” during this holiday season, which we previously announced. One of the most popular elements of Frozen Summer Fun, Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post, will be relocating to the Streets of America spot and will continue to operate closer to the popular “For the First Time in Forever: A ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along Celebration.”

We are working on other developments for that area, as well, and we look forward to sharing more details at a later date.

Right now the biggest rumor is Toy Story Playland replaces it.

Last edited:
Oh, that's so sad <sarcasm>

This is partly for the temporary Frozen stuff to move closer to the theater where they do the singalong (and Streets of New York for the Osborn Lights crowds).

The statement to cast members says it's to make way for exciting new developments to be announced at a later date.

3 words, thank f**king god!!!! The amount of space this boring shell of an attraction took up is a complete and utter sin. In my option this was the worst attraction in the entire resort!!! Good riddance and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out :happy:

Someone help me out here. Where on SoA is Oaken's going?
The rumor was that it was going in the old AFI shop at the end of the BLT... which is sort of at the beginning of SoA, but it mentions closers to the sing-a-long, so i'm not really sure right now.

The rumor was that it was going in the old AFI shop at the end of the BLT... which is sort of at the beginning of SoA, but it mentions closers to the sing-a-long, so i'm not really sure right now.

That's what threw me off. I remember the talk of it going into AFI. I'm just as confused now LOL.

Anyway, the loss of Back Lot Tour opens a chunk of land. Here comes... ARENDELLE!!! (I kid, I kid). Or do I?

Yea! We are getting this!

TSL_Environment-1_0_Original.jpg

Replacing that magical backlot tour (sarcasm) is as terrible as Toy Story Playland (Funspot 2.0).
My hope is that it will be replaced by some high quality new ride on the scale of Cars land. But Disney is managing to fail to impress me for more then 15 years now so I'm afraid Disneyhead is right.

Well we already have a big toy story ride in the same park. Why not?

Cause Pixar is more than just Toy Story. Like Disney Animation is more than Frozen, though Iger doesn't seen to understand that.

What about Incredibles? Up? Some Wall E? Monsters Inc?

I used to love this ride originally when we'd see the Golden Girls house.

Now though it's been pretty bad, the good thing was the props area. Still sad to see it go.

Cause Pixar is more than just Toy Story. Like Disney Animation is more than Frozen, though Iger doesn't seen to understand that.

What about Incredibles? Up? Some Wall E? Monsters Inc?
Yeah, the land is called Pixar Place, yet the only Pixar presence is Toy Story.

Who here is old enough to remember the glory days of the Backstage Tour, back in 89 and the early 90s, when the video hosts were Mel Gibson and Pee-Wee Herman, and this was actually a cool and interesting thing to do that took up a couple of hours? Sad to see it in its current state, so I am not sad to see it go at all, it is kind of a waste.

It is sad that there was so little notice given, for those fans that are probably out there that want to experience this one last time. My biggest fear is that Disney will shut this down, with no real plans for a replacement, just like they did with Pleasure Island back in 2008. My hope is a Star Wars land, but anything that brings something of interest to this park will be worthwhile.