Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Best way to get from Disneyland Hotel to Universal on a Monday?

Mar 12, 2017
What is the best way to get to Universal from Disney? Is it better to hire a car or take public transport?  I want to get there in time for the early entry at 8. What time should I aim to get to Universal for the early entry?

Car will probably be fastest, even with traffic. Public transport will take forever. It depends a little on exactly when you're going (like if it's spring break or a holiday Monday it'll be different than just any old business day Monday) but in the fall I did just what you plan to (Disneyland to USH on a Monday morning) and we left Anaheim at 6am in order to get to USH with time to park, go through security and be there before early entry started. Got there with about 15 minutes to spare. If traffic is lighter than usual, the drive might only be an hour, if it's bad, could be up to 2 hours, so assume the worst is my advice. If you're early you can get coffee or something in CityWalk.

Car will probably be fastest, even with traffic. Public transport will take forever. It depends a little on exactly when you're going (like if it's spring break or a holiday Monday it'll be different than just any old business day Monday) but in the fall I did just what you plan to (Disneyland to USH on a Monday morning) and we left Anaheim at 6am in order to get to USH with time to park, go through security and be there before early entry started. Got there with about 15 minutes to spare. If traffic is lighter than usual, the drive might only be an hour, if it's bad, could be up to 2 hours, so assume the worst is my advice. If you're early you can get coffee or something in CityWalk.

It is abnormal business monday. 

Was this for the 8 AM early entry time?