Biggest Horror IPs yet to appear at HHN? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Biggest Horror IPs yet to appear at HHN?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Still a bit shocking to me Asian cinematic horror hasn't really been represented at all, save for The Grudge 2 maze Knott's did many years ago (one of their only forays into IP).

Still a bit shocking to me Asian cinematic horror hasn't really been represented at all, save for The Grudge 2 maze Knott's did many years ago (one of their only forays into IP).

Well, The Ring was kinda sorta there, in generic fashion in 2006's Orlando event but yeah - overall... nada.

I feel like it's probably time to reiterate that this thread isn't really about discussing likelihood, that's a seperate conversation. Some horror properties are large enough to acknowledge in regards to HHN, but will in all actuality never make it to the event, whether because of licensing issues or a lack of haunt material.

Can't believe we haven't had anything to do with Simpsons Treehouse of Horror yet. There's already a big Simpsons prescence in the park, and HHN seems to be very into comedy houses lately. THOH is one of my most wanted IPs of all time.

I think they would just change the queue video with segments from almost every Treehouse of Horrors episode.

Although missed ip is the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina since there’s lots of good moments that could fit in a maze.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe we haven't had anything to do with Simpsons Treehouse of Horror yet. There's already a big Simpsons prescence in the park, and HHN seems to be very into comedy houses lately. THOH is one of my most wanted IPs of all time.

Apparently, from what I heard, Fox repeatedly wanted to do a TOH version so that the ride could have a new overlay experience during the haunt season. Universal told them "NO" because they wanted to wait until the popularity of this new ride died down before doing anything "extra". If it's true, then you can think of Universal for not wanting to do it in the first place, and the opportunity to do has already passed.

Both sides were interested in developing a Treehouse of Horrors overlay while the ride was originally in development. However, the TV writers strike in 2007-2008, plus the extended contract negotiation with one of the voice actors, forced the ride to be developed on a compressed timeline. To account for that, they eliminated the Treehouse aspect from the conversation, with plans/hopes to revisit it later. However, it never did, for various reasons. Mostly because the costs/time requirements of NEW negotiations strictly for an overlay aren’t worth it.

Still they could just show segments in the queue line since The Simpsons Ride shows clips from past episodes.
Not anymore, they can’t. They have to license the individual episodes they show In the queue. At this point, that requires new negotiations with Disney.

Reactions: SeventyOne