Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Black Panther coming to Animal Kingdom?

Oct 10, 2017
So I was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me.

Can Disney add a black panther attraction at WDW?

We know they can use Guardians of the Galaxy and Doctor Strange. Once, Black Panther's standalone movie comes out it will probably be a major success. He was a fan favorite in Civil war. I'm sure Disney will want to have more of a Marvel precense in there Orlando parks. Black Panther is a perfect fit for AK.

Also, if a Black Panther attraction can be added to WDW do you think it should replace Dinoland?

As far as what's been rumored; Guardians of The Galaxy is the only known Marvel IP getting an attraction for WDW. While Doctor Strange has been alluded to I think by @Disneyhead on the terms of technology, I would question the logistics of it.

Not to mention, what has predominantly been rumored for a while now for DAK is South America to replace Dinoland USA in some form.

Perhaps this thread could be closed? Because we have a proper thread on what can and can't be used for WDW on Marvel.

Black Panther was hooked up with the Fantastic Four sagas in the distant past.

And that I would think Doctor Strange too, as he was apart of some of the largest Marvel Comic stories as a major character (even though he appeared last year).

Could they do Wakanda for DAK, if it wasn't for Universal? Maybe; but even then, I don't think they would.

And that I would think Doctor Strange too, as he was apart of some of the largest Marvel Comic stories as a major character (even though he appeared last year).

Could they do Wakanda for DAK, if it wasn't for Universal? Maybe; but even then, I don't think they would.
Yep, Strange was just about everywhere in the early Marvel days. Interactions with the Avengers & Fantastic Four families and guest appearances with just about every major hero.... Wakanda was featured prominently with FF & Avengers in those early days.

All the marvel characters have met in comics throughout the years. Black Panther is not heavily tied to any of the other heroes except maybe the xmen. Storm was his wife.

I'm asking if anyone knows if Disney is legally allowed to use the character of Black Panther?

From my understanding he's not used in islands of adventure. Not once, have I ever seen him. It would be a shame not use him in WDW. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm aware that there's a thread related to Marvel and WDW. But, I really believed my questions had enough meat for it to become its own thread. Especially since BP has his own film coming soon.

People complain that Avatar isn't a Disney IP and Dinoland looks cheap. I just think having BP would help the park a lot. Doctor strange should definitely replace Tower of Terror. But, that's a topic for another thread. Disney should use all the Marvel characters that they can use. The few they can use that is.

All the marvel characters have met in comics throughout the years. Black Panther is not heavily tied to any of the other heroes except maybe the xmen. Storm was his wife.

I'm asking if anyone knows if Disney is legally allowed to use the character of Black Panther?

From my understanding he's not used in islands of adventure. Not once, have I ever seen him. It would be a shame not use him in WDW. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm aware that there's a thread related to Marvel and WDW. But, I really believed my questions had enough meat for it to become its own thread. Especially since BP has his own film coming soon.

People complain that Avatar isn't a Disney IP and Dinoland looks cheap. I just think having BP would help the park a lot. Doctor strange should definitely replace Tower of Terror. But, that's a topic for another thread. Disney should use all the Marvel characters that they can use. The few they can use that is.
Black Panther was a featured character in the 1960's 70's FF & Avenger stories s, not just a few guest appearances. He was heavily involved in both....I still have over 2,000 Marvels, most from the 60' s & 70's.

Black Panther was a featured character in the 1960's 70's FF & Avenger stories s, not just a few guest appearances. He was heavily involved in both....I still have over 2,000 Marvels, most from the 60' s & 70's.

Yes, like I said earlier all the Marvel characters have met in the past. But, that doesn't mean BP is legally tied to them. For example, the punisher was first introduced in Spiderman. Yet, nobody considers him a Spiderman villain. He's his own solo character. With his own show coming up that Disney completely owns. The punisher is another potential character that can probably also appear in WDW. That's another topic for another thread.

This is why I'm asking if Disney can use BP in WDW.

Yes, like I said earlier all the Marvel characters have met in the past. But, that doesn't mean BP is legally tied to them. For example, the punisher was first introduced in Spiderman. Yet, nobody considers him a Spiderman villain. He's his own solo character. With his own show coming up that Disney completely owns. The punisher is another potential character that can probably also appear in WDW. That's another topic for another thread.

This is why I'm asking if Disney can use BP in WDW.
There's a thread on this and Briman & Joe put a good analysis together. You really need to read that. The key is Marvel families and basically that should put BP out of the reach of Disney in Orlando. Note: When the first group of Avengers took a leave of absence, Black Panther became a member of the reconsituted group. That was real early Avengers. That alone negates him from WDW))

Last edited:
There's a thread on this and Briman & Joe put a good analysis together. You really need to read that. The key is Marvel families and basically that should put BP out of the reach of Disney in Orlando. Note: When the first group of Avengers took a leave of absence, Black Panther became a member of the reconsituted group. That was real early Avengers. That alone negates him from WDW))
I'll check it out!

Regardless of whether or not Disney can use him, it is a big stretch (to say the least) that Black Panther belongs at Animal Kingdom.