Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Blackout Day Admission Pricy

Feb 22, 2015
LA
Just curious because I know things have changed - how much is the price of admission for a blackout date? Do we still get a discounted admission or do we pay full price? Thanks! 

WOW! Thats great news, hopefully it stays that way until August 3rd as that's the day I'm planning to go. We just present our pass at the gate when we ask for the blackout date admission, right? 

When calling guest relations, they are usually the last to know. I was at the park yesterday and went to the box office inside Universal Plaza and they were the ones to confirm 29.00. My friend and I both questioned the amount but they were adamant about the new change. 

Sadly calling guest relations about new information usually doesn't do anyone any good.

This confirms that USH overplayed its hand. Their bluff has been called. This confirms once more that they are not getting the attendance they expected. I will wait until I buy an AP. At the rate we're going, we will get back the Premium Star Pass in no time.

Can anyone confirm if the black-out day admission price is still 29 dollars? Wanted to visit the park for a bit before HHN starts tomorrow. 

I rec'd this email response yesterday (09/25/16) in regards to this same question I posed to guest services:

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your interest in Universal Studios Hollywood!

If you would like to visit on a black-out day, we do offer a $29 black-out day ticket that may be purchased at any ticket booth.  Please be sure to bring your pass along with you and a photo ID.  If you have any questions, please let me know.

Warmest regards,

Ryan Newman

Assistant Manager - Guest Communications Universal Studios Hollywood

(818) 622-1916